Health & Exercise

Need jogging stroller recommendations

I typically run 3-6 miles, 5x times a week, with a longer run thrown in there at some point (I wouldn't take DD with me). My budget was around $150, but after some discussion with DH, we are willing to pay $250-300. If it makes any difference, I only run on concrete/asphalt. No trails.

TIA!

Re: Need jogging stroller recommendations

• BOB Revolution.  I think that the 2010s might still be on sale.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bob Revolution.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just suggestion.  If the jogging stroller you want is out of your price range, buy it on craigslist.  Most people intend on jogging with their baby but few actually follow through.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageReneeDear:
    Just suggestion.  If the jogging stroller you want is out of your price range, buy it on craigslist.  Most people intend on jogging with their baby but few actually follow through.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked on Craigslist, but haven't found anything. I think spending the extra money will be worth it, as I do intend to run with her and follow through with my plan.

• imageErinKD:

imageReneeDear:
    Just suggestion.  If the jogging stroller you want is out of your price range, buy it on craigslist.  Most people intend on jogging with their baby but few actually follow through.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked on Craigslist, but haven't found anything. I think spending the extra money will be worth it, as I do intend to run with her and follow through with my plan.

Yep. Definitely dont buy a cheapie. I got one of the cheaper ones for 150 and HATED it. I gave it to my friend and now want a Bob.  I'm wondering what other good ones are out there though before I spend a lot of $.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I ran with an older Dreamer Design, a Baby Jogger II and finally a BOB.  I definitely like the BOB the best.

I got all of them on craigslist in great shape.  The BOB is the sport utility (fixed wheel) and cost $75.  If you're mostly using it for running, you don't need the Revolution.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • I have the schwinn AL jogging stroller.  I got it on walmart.com for around $200.  I really like it.  It is not a fixed wheel jogger, but you can lock the wheel.  As pp suggested, if you plan to mostly use it for jogging then maybe look into the BOB ironman or sport utility they are a little cheaper.  I wanted something that I could use for more than jogging (zoo, vacation etc.).  

My SIL has a bob, and there's no doubt it's nicer, but IMO it isn't worth the extra $$ to me.  If money wasn't an object I would probably have gone with a BOB revolution.  My SIL has even said she probably should have gotten one like ours.

My schwinn came with extras that you have to buy separate with BOB, (built in rain shield, child tray, parent tray).  I have taken our stroller on a cruise and to WDW, it has held up really well.

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • I have a Schwinn Freewheeler and really like it.  I've heard some people have issues with the front wheel shaking, but I haven't experienced that.  It's a great, light stroller.  I now use it almost exclusively even when not jogging. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"