Pittsburgh Babies

KinderCare - South Hills

Hi All -

Does anyone have any feedback (good or bad) about the KinderCare daycare centers in the South Hills?  We have looked at the one in McMurray and the one in Mt. Lebanon.  We are expecting soon and looking at daycare for our infant starting this summer. 

Thanks for any feedback you can share! Smile

Re: KinderCare - South Hills

• I have not seen them at their best. I observed the one in South Park and I know someone who worked in the Bethel Park.They are very unorganized, understaffed, and don't seem as dedicated to the kids as I would have liked.

I ended up sending my little ones to a private sitter with a couple of other kids.

Good Luck! 

• I know of a wonderful sitter...who is certified in early childhood education who is looking for more kids. She currently only has two! Let me know if you would like more information...
  • Loading the player...
  • My two little boys are there because I kept hearing so many good things about the McMurray location.  My oldest one started there at 6 months and he is now 18 months old.  He just finally started to like it, but still cries when we drop him off.  My 3 month old stays because he is 3 months old.  I can tell you that, I am taking my 3 month old out of the program because the daily reports they give me seem like they are not doing anything with him.  They change and feed him.  I would like to seem more tummy time and play time with him.  I am leaving my 18 month in the program twice a week.  The teachers are very nice, the environment is clean.  But, my 18 month old has an ear infection every other month and the doctors say it's because he is in daycare, he catches someone's cold and they it goes to his ears.  Kindercare has a routine and all the kids know the routine.  It is a daycare with a curriculum.

I would like more information about the sitter who watches kids from her home if you can pass the information to me.  I would appreciate any help. 

• I sent my little one to the KinderCare in Mt. Lebonan on Rt 19 by the Chick-fil-a and LOVED it. It was a little pricey, but they were wonderful. It was the perfect place for me to send my daughter as a first time mom. The infant room teachers were great and the director Melissa is very easy going and really help make the transition go smoothly. We moved to Philly in July of last year and I was devistated I couldnt take them with me, and had a very hard time finding a daycare that matched up to them. 
    EJean82
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"