Success after IF

It's okay to bleed right?

Right!?!?!?

Two days past transfer. I'm still on estrogen and progesterone so it really couldn't even logically be AF, right? That's still being held off by the meds. Right? 

And it could be the progesterone taken vaginally that's irritating me after 7 days of taking it without any problems, right?

Or blood in general that was slow to come down from the transfer right? 

Just tell me I'm right so I don't flip the f* out.  Or tell me if I should be worried. gently.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's okay to bleed right?

• First of all, just wanted to send GIANT good vibes, prayers, and positive thoughts your way.  I think you are just amazing.  :)

Second, what kind of bleeding are we talking about?  Red spotting?  I had that after all of my transfers, and even more so during the cycle that I used progesterone supps.  I say normal!

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I freaked out that I started spotting Friday (8dp 5dt) and everyone reassured me that it was either implantation spotting or from the progesterone supps irritating my cervix.  So, I am going to go with that for you as well!!!

Goooooood luck!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh yep.That's kind of an important detail huh?  I've been up since 3am.  lol!

It's spotty red and pink. Not a ton and no gushing or anything of that sort. Just enough to show on a pad and when I wipe. Definitely vaginal bleeding. Not the exit only area.

...Okay good! Well not good but much better.  ::: huge sigh of relief :::  I'm not a big bleeder so this is kind of a first for me. I know better than to freak out but I'm tired and irrational. And the thought of telling the parents anything but positive news makes me want to vomit.

and thank you!!! I'm overwhelmed by the kindness that I've been shown the past few days. 

• How heavy is it? It could be irritation, but it shouldn't be heavy.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I would say spotting to light. I don't feel wet. At the same time it's enough that it doesn't all wipe away with each swipe.   ...I can't believe I'm talking about wiping so openly.  :: blush ::
  • You're probably just irritated. And you know, your cervix becomes more sensitive when you are pregnant. ;)

I spotted and bled off and on until about 10 weeks or so. It freaked me out so much I still check the tp. lol

*Excessive scar tissue, blocked tubes*hypothyroidism*
    IVF #1 BFN 10/07
    IVF #2 w/ICSI & AH*C/P 5/09
    Beta #1-33 Beta #2-50 Beta #3-10
    FET 9/9/09*Transferred 2 Blasts*BFP!
    Beta #1- 2991, Beta #2 - 6757 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Two days past transfer it can't be anything but irritation.   Hopefully it will go away and you won't see that pink/red again for a long, long time.

I haven't been on much lately, so I didn't know the transfer happened already.  Woohoo!  You're one awesome lady!!

• I bet it's just from messing with things during the transfer. Too early for anything else. I insist ;-)  (or heck, BOB is digging in already! could be!)
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • absolutely normal, maybe even a good sign!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree!  Take a deep breath 'cuz it's all ok.  Hooooraaaaayyyy for a transfer!!!
  • Okay good good good good good.  :)   You guys... What would I do if I didn't have you??  

We did assisted hatching. Maybe that helped them implant earlier. (doubt it but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy so I'm going with it.) 

Ahhh thank you again.  There's really no need for me to be so neurotic. 

• imageKristin&Frank:
    I agree!  Take a deep breath 'cuz it's all ok.  Hooooraaaaayyyy for a transfer!!!

All of this!!

• I am going to say probably irritation, but worth a phone call to the nurse or RE tomorrow?! Good luck and keep us posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs.Reem:

Okay good good good good good.  :)   You guys... What would I do if I didn't have you??  

We did assisted hatching. Maybe that helped them implant earlier. (doubt it but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy so I'm going with it.) 

Ahhh thank you again.  There's really no need for me to be so neurotic. 

I really hope this is good news for the parents! I will say that I spotted at 3dpt, and I started testing at 4dp5dt, and my RE did bloodwork at 5dp5dt, and I had an HCG level of 83. So knowing it was a blast, knowing it was a 5dt with assisted hatching, I think implantation is possible.  

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hang in there sweetie!!   Lots of prayers for you!
  • Thanks for giving me awesome hope Robin!!! ! Except it was a 3 day transfer.  ...with lots of potential.  :)
  • CBLCBL member

Are you on baby aspirin or any type of blood thinner?  I'm a bleeder, so the rectal sups were a big relief for me (as discussed in my other post) but I also had to go off of lovenox when I was pregnant with G as it seemed to cause unexplained bleeding.  I stayed on aspirin, but if you don't have clotting issues and are on it, you might was to talk to your RE about the bleeding. 

• Oh yes!!! I am on baby aspirin. I totally forgot about that. Good thinking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"