Health & Exercise

weight loss and bf

just want to make sure this is true or not, you have to eat more inorder to lose weight when bf right? what if i bf and bottle feed at night?
image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: weight loss and bf

• Eat more to lose weight? No, I don't think that is true. Maybe you're thinking they need to eat more to maintain their milk supply? Because some do recommend you eat 300-500 calories more than normal while breast feeding.

In regards to losing weight, some people have an easier time losing weight while breast feeding because breast feeding (producing milk, etc) burns calories. On the flip side some some people hold on to the last 10 lbs of baby weight until their LO is completely weaned. I was in the second category.

• I had a much easier time losing weight while BFing.  Definitely the time to do it!  I did add an extra 300-500 calories to my calorie budget each day.  I miss those calories now! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecarlab44:

In regards to losing weight, some people have an easier time losing weight while breast feeding because breast feeding (producing milk, etc) burns calories. On the flip side some some people hold on to the last 10 lbs of baby weight until their LO is completely weaned. I was in the second category.

This was me too. Once DD1 weaned and my milk dried up I lost the last handful of pounds that I was holding onto. I swear I lost 5lbs in just "boob weight". 

• Losing weight BFing is what has been happening to me.  The only changes I made to my diet were to increase the amount of veggies I have been eating.  My sister is getting married in France in July.  Since I'm a BM I was really hoping that I would be able to lose the baby weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecarlab44:

Eat more to lose weight? No, I don't think that is true. Maybe you're thinking they need to eat more to maintain their milk supply? Because some do recommend you eat 300-500 calories more than normal while breast feeding.

This was definitely me with DD.  I didn't lose a pound while BF'ing.  Once I weaned, I lost all of the weight in less than 4 months (and I gained 60 pounds with DD).  Though diet and exercise did play a significant role. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"