Trying to Get Pregnant

What did you hate about your wedding?

Me? Our cakes were a gift from a family friend who USUALLY does an amazing job, well, she spent more time on DH's cake (I'm sure...as he wanted a Dr Pepper can and it came out awesome) and my 3-tier heart shaped cake (I hated that I chose hearts, first of all....) was supposed to have TINY scrolls on them....They were HUGEEE! And, it was sitting on top of a fountain! EEK! I didn't ask for the fountain! And it was leaning! :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What did you hate about your wedding?

• I didn't have the girl who did my hair put my veil on, because it was pouring down rain and I wanted to keep it out of the puddles--one less thing to worry about.  So, my mom and bridesmaids put it on in the bridal room right before the ceremony.  They put it on too far forward, so it kind of pulled my bangs back and gave me a serious fivehead :/  

I hate all of my pictures with that darn veil on!  I can't believe with all those girls, not one of them said, "Let me fix your bangs", they all said it looked perfect.  Ugh!  Vapid, but my biggest annoyance from the day.

Married 11/24/2007
    TTC since 11/2010
    Diagnosed with MFI and advanced maternal aging
    IVF with ICSI transferred 2 embies 3/3/2012
    BFP 3/10/2012
    EDD 11/22/2012
    IT'S TWINS!!!

My Blog:
    Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh no! Bummer...I too have a cake story. A coworker of DH and I made our cake. (They are always delicious and beautiful.) Our wedding was in July and it was so hot. When she came to put the cake together the staff at the reception venue would not let her put it in the walk-in cooler.

Our cake collapsed. Haha. The best part about it was I didn't even care because at that point we were married.

The manager of the place we had our reception tried to fix it as best he could, but it still crumbled. We luckily were able to cut the cake and do the traditional cake feeding bit, but it was definitely leaning and shortly thereafter fell over.

It makes for a good story :) 

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate the fact that I let my parents ruin my wedding and didnt enjoy it.... yep.. im still bitter lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved our grooms cake which was an armadillo (dh's cousin made it).  I wish we wouldve gotten her to do the wedding cake too.  It ws okay but I couldve made what she did.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • It went too fast, oh and our officiant totally f'd up the vows we picked. He just said whatever he wanted j@ckass!!
  • The only regret I have from my wedding (and no, not everything went as planned) is that my grandfather played the piano during the ceremony, and I don't have A SINGLE picture of him. Not even a guest took a picture of him at the ceremony. That still makes me a little sad. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad I'm not the only one with a cake story.  I'm still upset about mine but hey whats done is done.
  • I loved our wedding (we eloped to the courthouse, with 8 family members) but I wish we would have splurged a bit on a photographer. DH's mom takes pictures as a hobby, so she offered to do it for us, but we were disappointed in the photos. We have about three that are frame/sharing worthy, but other than that it was a bust. Oh well!
  • imageCarolinaGirl82:

I didn't have the girl who did my hair put my veil on, because it was pouring down rain and I wanted to keep it out of the puddles--one less thing to worry about.  So, my mom and bridesmaids put it on in the bridal room right before the ceremony.  They put it on too far forward, so it kind of pulled my bangs back and gave me a serious fivehead :/  

I hate all of my pictures with that darn veil on!  I can't believe with all those girls, not one of them said, "Let me fix your bangs", they all said it looked perfect.  Ugh!  Vapid, but my biggest annoyance from the day.

oh! this get's me too!!!! My hair was "ok" but not exactly like I wanted it. We didn't have a trial run because we just flat out didn't have the $$ and was on a budget. Well, she pulled it so slick on the sides and top! ha! and the veil was put in backwards! it didn't get put over the top of my hair, it was un the underneath part. I never noticed until we got our pictures! :(

• Our wedding day went very smoothly, and surprisingly I don't really have any regrets...except we paid for all of the boutonnieres for the groomsman and DH, and they all "forgot" to wear them (actually they were sitting in the bridal suite the entire time haha)...so no flowers in pictures! Oh, and we forgot to wrap up the top of the cake well and it's completely freezer burnt now :)

ETA: wording

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJayNina:
    I loved our grooms cake which was an armadillo (dh's cousin made it).  I wish we wouldve gotten her to do the wedding cake too.  It ws okay but I couldve made what she did.  

hahaha! armadillo? very steel magnolias! =)

• MY DH and I got married in the fall.  One of the main reasons that we picked our reception venue was because it was set back in the woods overlooking a pond.  We planned on having all of our pictures taken out back in the woods around the pond surrounded by all of the colorful fall leaves.  Unfortunately, the day of the wedding it was practically a monsoon outside.  We made the best of it with umbrellas outside, but you the overcast skies muted all of the colors.  Instead of having gorgous oranges, reds, greens and browns, I have rain drops in all my pictures!  As terrible as the weather was, it was still the best day of my life!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nothing, we are luck any it went off with out any hiccups!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mine is a photography thing too.

I got a little impatient when taking pictures after the wedding and we didn't get as many formal family pictures as I would have wanted. We only have one pic of me, dh and both girls and half of it is very dark :(

I was upset because my photographers flash went out and it was a really shadowy venue to begin with.  oh yeah, and there was a hurricane.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Early in the night, the DJ played a bunch of songs that we'd had on our "NO!" list (we have a great picture of the moment I heard "Mambo #5" come on - I look so pissed, and promptly pulled him aside to get him in line). And he played the wrong version of the father-daughter dance. grrr.

Other than that, I really wish I could re-do the bridesmaid dresses. Specifically, I wish I'd turned that decision over to my sisters, since they were the ones who'd have to wear them and I love their style. I just got frustrated with all the options and picked a dress that looked ok, and now I regret it when I see the pictures.

But it was altogether an amazing, joy-filled, wonderful day and night!

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • The only kind of regret I have is about my dress. I love the dress I picked, but I wish I would have spent more time shopping around. I only went one day with my mom, MIL and BM's. I wish I would have looked around more, because I see dresses now that I like more than mine.
  • My photographer and MOH were late so we didn't get very many GOOD pictures because we were in a hurry afterwards. It was all messed up and the reception was horrible. People left because pictures were taking so long. I really wish we would have saved the money and eloped.
  • Nearly everything.  I wanted a small wedding, either parent's backyard or vegas.  DH wanted the wedding at his parent's farm which is 8 hours north of where most of our friends and family live.  70% of the guests were his side, complaints and changes requested on everything we decided from his family, his brother took our photographer (family friend) aside for family photos in the middle of our formals, our venue cancelled 6 weeks before our wedding and we had to pay more for everything than with less options because the wedding was in the only major city within 400 miles.

I've told DH we're doing it over MY way after we're done having kids....Vegas, November 2012 is the plan.....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So disappointed with our photographer. I bought cheap and I got cheap. Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wanted to capture the beautiful desert sunset in my wedding pictures. The only problem was, that my wedding & reception both took place during the day. So by the time we gathered my wedding party together for these sunset shots (after the reception) everyone was drunk. (I obviously didn't think this through ahead of time...lol!!)...I'll have to admit that some of the pictures came out pretty funny though. I just wish we would have taken more of everyone gathered SOBER.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • ccamccam member
    I HATED my bridesmaid dresses.... and one of the bridesmaids, actually!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• imageajroemisch:
    Me? Our cakes were a gift from a family friend who USUALLY does an amazing job, well, she spent more time on DH's cake (I'm sure...as he wanted a Dr Pepper can and it came out awesome) and my 3-tier heart shaped cake (I hated that I chose hearts, first of all....) was supposed to have TINY scrolls on them....They were HUGEEE! And, it was sitting on top of a fountain! EEK! I didn't ask for the fountain! And it was leaning! :(

Can I see a picture of these cakes? 

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• imagelittlemonster417:
    I hate the fact that I let my parents ruin my wedding and didnt enjoy it.... yep.. im still bitter lol

This... but slightly different...

My mom (who's divorced and not very happy in her life) really liked my husband and even told me she liked him more than me (yes, she is crazy).

When I announced we were engaged she was 'happy', but not very excited for me. 

Then, three years later when we started wedding planning (we had a looonnngg engagment), she flipped because I told her we were inviting my Dad to the destination wedding and not her boyfriend (long story, he is abusive on every level, a severe alcoholic/gambling addict and he openly cheats on my Mom.  My sisters and I have nothing to do with him.)

After that, she did everything to try to sabotage our wedding.  She would tell anyone who would listen that I was a 'Bridezilla'.  She made up stories about terrible things that I said to her (complete fabrications!) and she tried to pit my middle sister and I against each other the whole time.

MH and I ended up having a beautiful destination wedding surrounded by friends and (most of) our family.  My Mom didn't attend.  It was unfortunate, but we didn't let it spoil our day, we were just thrilled to start our life together surrounded by the people who were happy for us.

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • We had gone back and forth with the florist during planning, and had multiple contract drafts before everything was set.  While the flowers (type and design) were correct, we were missing 2 bouts for groomsmen(technically 3 because 1 groomsman was sick in the hospital the week of the wedding), but had 2 Fathers bouts (when DH's father passed away 6 years ago).  I found out after the fact that the florist had been working off an old (and incorrect in numbers) contract and had misplaced our final contract!  Luckily the final payment she quoted us was off that incorrect contract so we didn't pay for things we didn't get, but it definitely made for a difficult morning of with flowers.  There were a few other things with her that we didn't like, so I probably would change my florist if I were to do it again, but other than that I think everything was absolutely perfect!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageajroemisch:

imageJayNina:
    I loved our grooms cake which was an armadillo (dh's cousin made it).  I wish we wouldve gotten her to do the wedding cake too.  It ws okay but I couldve made what she did.  

hahaha! armadillo? very steel magnolias! =)

Yep :)  My favorite movie and Dh's family is from Amarillo so it kinda tied it all together

• Aye...where to begin!!! What I hate most---my horrible decision with making friends.

First off I would like to say bad things happen to good people and I am still trying to remember I married the man of my dreams so that is what it all about Smile

But...I could of done without having a bridesmaid who is a mother of 3 girls by the way get so drunk she barfed and peed on herself and then passed out in the hotel bathroom all by 10pm. My maid of honor got drunk way to early..called my photographer a "Fat @itch" because my photographer thought my flower girl was her daughter (Who cares anyways) and then told my husband he was a "piece of @hit and never liked him" because he asked her to grow up and stop thinking of herself. And lastttttttttly..she my Maid of honor with her husband at the wedding kept flirting and trying to rub up on my single guy cousin and he was super uncomfortable so his older sister told her to act married. Long story short..my wedding ended and I ended up getting screamed at for 10 minutes about what a B I was for not standing up for her. She didn't deserve my help for what she did so all I could do was tell her while I was crying my eyes out "It's my wedding day".. Then the crazy B went into my bridal suite to delete all my blackberry contacts. Haven't spoken to her since that day!

All I can say is my wedding made me learn how to tell what a true friend is. Just sucks it took me until then to figure it out

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Our dinner was the only thing I would change. Our venue charged extra to use an outside service and the tasting went ok so we went with the venue for dinner but paid extra to have very nice passed apps from an outside caterer. The day of the apps were amazing but the dinner tasted like cafeteria food from camp. DH is a chef so it was a huge disappointment, what made it worse was after the amazing apps it was such a let down.

Edit wording

BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The air conditioning in our venue died about half way through the night. Other than that our day was great!

• For the most part, it was a wonderful day, but there are a few things that I would change if I could.....

1) Would've never taken $ from the in-laws.  They contributed a third of our budget (which was their wedding gift to us) and thought that meant that they could invite all these random people that DH doesn't even know to the wedding. 

2) Would've gotten a different photographer.  She was ok, but she wasn't heavy on the photojournalistic style which was what I wanted more than the posed formals.

3) Would've turned my hairstyle into an updo for the reception.  I have VERY curly hair and it was straightend for the wedding.  Toward the end of the night, it was starting to get a little frizzy, so would've preferred to put it up for the reception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • I also hated our photographer.  We paid a lot for him and he did not do half of the pictures that we said we wanted.  UGH!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hated our photographer.  I originally wasn't even going to hire a photographer and just ask all our friends and family to take pictures, but my FIL insisted and so we agreed.  The photographer was my FIL's choice since he paid for it and the photos turned so old-fashioned.  And since there was a photographer, no one else took pictures.

I wish I took the time to pick a photographer after my FIL offered to get us one.  I would have rather had no photographer at all than pay for a bunch of photos I'm not happy with.   

• Simply that it went by WAY too fast!!!
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 Started actively TTC in 2010 Started Metformin in 2010 First appointment with RE 5-9-11 Anniversary image image
  • My wedding went very smoothly.  The only thing I hated was having to wear a veil at all.  I didn't want one, but my mother said, "I don't think you look like a bride without a veil" so I caved and let them stick one on the very bottom of my updo.  When everyone hugged me in the receiving line, the veil got caught in the hug and pulled my head back.  I took it off shortly thereafter.  The most expensive accessory that I've ever worn for only 45 minutes!

Also, OT, but JayNina, your horse is GORGEOUS!

Am I to take it from your sig that you are a barrel racer?

• I didn't hate one single thing about it. To me it was the perfect wedding.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I wasn't happy with our photos. We used a friend who's an amazing model photographer, so I thought we'd get his edgy style in our photos. Nope. There are moments missing from the day, and there's nothing creative like I hoped for about them.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • DH and I got married in Vegas and then had a renewal of vows and reception a year later where we live.

For the vegas wedding I wish I would have dished out the $350 they wanted to get my hair done; I didnt like the way it looked. 

For our Renewal the darn cake was suppose to be chocolate brown with cream polka-dots and it showed up cream with chocolate polka dots....Yea I was so not happy about that.

BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• I know this goes against the flow. But I absolutely loved the way my wedding turned out. Better than I had expected.

BUT I do wish we had it on video (we chose not to do that) so I could watch it as the day becomes a blur after a while.

• I hated the fact that we could not do something on the beach which would have been great. And that I allowed a friend to try and ruin my special day. I also really hate that I did not try and lose more weight before hand...ugh.
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"