Parenting after 35
Options

Making up words

He's been doing it for months but I only just put 2 and 2 together; pointing and saying "yay" is Mikey for "I want that."

Re: Making up words

• Options

Yay!

Margaux has started making up signs.  It's kind of fun trying to figure out what she means, but I wish she'd use her mouth! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    It is fun. Mikey has a ton of mysterious words that DH and I have been trying to figure out. He'll point and say a made up word, if he has one, the actual word, if he knows it, and 'yay' if he has no idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Charlie does that, too.  We kinda figured out that he says "I do that" a lot when he wants to do something himself, which is EVERYTHING.   At first, we didn't understand what he was saying---I ooo at.     He's saying new things every day, so it's been interesting around here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ada calls necklaces Isamba. It took me weeks to realize she was saying "Its Amber's". My friend Amber wears amazing necklaces and Ada has always been fascinated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagematildasun:
    Ada calls necklaces Isamba. It took me weeks to realize she was saying "Its Amber's". My friend Amber wears amazing necklaces and Ada has always been fascinated.
    Awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"