Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Explain what being a mother feels like

One of my closest friends found out she is unable to conceive. We were talking about all of the different ways she could try to build the family she's always wanted. (in vitro, insemination, serrogate mother, adoption.)

Then out of no where she asked me, "what does it feel like to be a mother?"

I didn't know what to say besides

"She puts the light in my life. I will always have someone who needs me and that is the greatest feeling I've ever experienced."

How would you explain what being a mom feels like?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Explain what being a mother feels like

• Options

That is a hard one....

I guess I would describe it as not only what you said, but also helping to raise a better generation in hope of creating a better world.

Remy is EVERYTHING to me. I would give up anything a hundred times over to see him laugh and smile. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's a genuine feeling of unconditional love.  Knowing I am wanted and needed to guide two other people through life is the most rewarding feeling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It gives me a purpose beyond myself.

I'm struggling with my transition back to work. The more I think about it I have realized it's because my motivation and drive are focused elsewhere. Before I was married work was my sole purpose, then as DH and I got closer and then married more of my purpose was to be his companion, but having DD is like nothing else matters, my world and purpose is based on providing her what she needs.

FWIW I whole heartedly believe that whether biological or not, a woman who is in the role of 'mother' no matter how they get there, would feel this same way!

BFP#1- 2/12/10 DD born 10/20/10
     BFP#2- 7/27/13 EDD- 4/5/13 CP 8/4/13 @ 5weeks1day
     BFP#3- 12/1/13 EDD- 8/10/14

• Options

It feels like that thing that was missing. I feel complete now.

And a little bit cheesy. Embarrassed

I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It feels like riding a roller coaster.  When you get on there's an excited fear of the unknown.  Then there's anticipation, more fear, sheer joy, more fear and more joy. There's also the knowledge that sometimes you are the only one who can make it better or the frustration when you can't.  Basically, it's every emotion rolled into one with everything taking a back seat to the overwhelming love that you feel for the tiny human in your life.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options

I think I'd describe it as the most terrifying joy I've ever felt. 

It makes sense to me. lol.

• Options

That brought tears to my eyes.  My sister is also struggling and she is the kindest person I know.  She loves kids.  One day she also asked me what it feels like to be a mom and to describe what she felt like inside of me.  I started crying!  I didn't know how to describe it except that you love them so much you can cry in an instant just looking at them by the overwhelming feeling of love and joy. 

I know.  I'm a sap sometimes. 

• Options

It is embarking on a journey I know will grow me in a way nothing else ever could.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I couldn't give you a complete sentence to describe it. lol

It is a study in contrasts. Agony and bliss, laughs and cries, ease and tension. It is the most relaxing and yet stress full occupation. lol At times I'm frustrated beyond belief and others I find him easy.

It is very bittersweet. Every milestone is a step away from him being my baby and that hurts. No matter how happy I am to see him grow, change, and flourish i still ache because I'm loosing my baby. 

I love him so much it hurts.  

• Options
    Being a mother makes you wonder what life was before children. It is joy, happiness, excitement, overwhelming in every way (good, bad, and ugly), but every mother will tell you it is the best feeling they have ever experienced raising children, watching them grow into little people with their own personalities.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    toriitorii member
    It has taught me what unconditional love is, how to love somebody more than myself. It is the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world. I would give and do anything for my child.
  • Options
    imageChibiMommy:

I couldn't give you a complete sentence to describe it. lol

It is a study in contrasts. Agony and bliss, laughs and cries, ease and tension. It is the most relaxing and yet stress full occupation. lol At times I'm frustrated beyond belief and others I find him easy.

It is very bittersweet. Every milestone is a step away from him being my baby and that hurts. No matter how happy I am to see him grow, change, and flourish i still ache because I'm loosing my baby. 

I love him so much it hurts.  

This is beautiful. And exactly how I feel

• Options
    The scariest and most amazing thing I know I will EVER experience in my life.  Finally realizing what unconditional love is and knowing that it is reciprocated.  Saying "I'd take a bullet for ____", and meaning it!  Crying whenever she smiles, or even just thinking about her!
  • Options

I have friends who have told me they are too selfish to have children (friends that I know would make great parents).  My response is that being a mother makes you selfless.  Being a mother is knowing that no matter what, that little person matters more than anything else in the world, including yourself.  It's feeling needed and important and yet entirely inadequate.  It's makes all the things you thought were important to you pale in comparison to a tiny baby.  It's amazing and wonderful and terrifying and awesome.

I hope your friend finds a way to be a mama. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"