Preemies
Options

Im too scared to bring my LO home

On monday Teagen had some setbacks as previously posted and now their wanting to discharge her tomorrow (thursday). My excitment is overshadowed by my fear. Ive had my cpr classes, apnea moniter classes and whatnot but I dont know how to handle a seizure and her heartrate dropping. Im scared. I was to go back to work the 22nd of April but no way in hell would I leave LO with someone, not even my mom in this condition. I really do want her home but I feel like she isn't ready yet and the drs are just trying to push her out.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Im too scared to bring my LO home

• Options

I'm sorry :(

Andrew didn't come home with a monitor or seizures, but, I can say that I felt like he was being pushed out but for other reasons.  He did just fine though.  T&P!!

• Options
    I was terrified when our LO's came home.  More so for Leland then Greyson.  We have a heart monitor at home and he's on heart medication.  Hang in there, once you get used to everything and get the hang on things you'll feel much better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was terribly scared to bring DD home, and she wasn't on any monitors.  I'm sorry you feel like they're pushing her out - can you talk to a nurse or a doctor and voice your concern?  I doubt they would send her home if she wasn't ready, though.  Once you get her home, you will all adapt and you'll get through it.  I look back on those days and even now wonder how I handled a preemie, but I did!  You can, too!  ::hugs::
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I think that most moms of preemies share that same fear.

Three months in NICU and they wanted to let her go with a total rookie like me?

I asked for an apnea pad.  They rolled their eyes.  I wanted a baby nurse.  same eye rolling.

Funny how I turned out to be totally capable of taking care of that 5 pounds of wonder!

You will be too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"