Pre-School and Daycare

What are your go-tos for packed school lunch?

I am in need of new ideas... DD isnt really picky. The school has a no-peanut policy so PBJ is a no-go.

I pack cold pasta w/sauce/parm cheese

Grilled cheese

French Toast

turkey/cheese

yogurt

any veggies

Cheese sticks

What do you pack? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are your go-tos for packed school lunch?

• Is your child's food refrigerated?  Can your teacher nuke things for your child.  In Harm's school and the twins program we have access to the microwave and refrigerator so I hope this list helps!  We pack the following usually:

home-made Mac & Cheese

Peanut Butter & Nutella Sandwich (is it all nuts or just peanuts b/c Nutella is a good alternative to PB but it is still nut based)

pizza

clean pastas (not anything with red sauce b/c red sauce is so staining)

chicken and stuffing,

beans w/rice

chicken quesadillas

Harmon only eats the first 3 items but the twins are great eaters and will eat the whole list.  We also always cut up fresh veggies (cucumber, tomato, and carrots) and fresh seasonal fruits.  Even if they don't eat their lunches they love the fresh veggies and fruit. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Check out the kid-sized thermoses at Target, for hot meals. I send in with mac and cheese with broccoli, or a very thick soup (pasta and veggies, not a lot of broth to spill). Prob good for fish sticks and much more...

Cream cheese and jelly.

A hard boiled egg, hummus with a veg to dip, grapes cut in 1/2, and a slice of bread and butter. 

Apple sauce (drinkable, Mott's single-serve, or in a small container from home)

I haven't done this, but a cookie cutter used to turn sandwich into a star or other shape could also help switch things up! 

Sliced fruit, or sometimes canned fruit in juice, as a treat 

Tomatoes and cheese chunks 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBackBayGrrl:

a cookie cutter used to turn sandwich into a star or other shape could also help switch things up! 

That is my go-to.  I bought 101 shapes of cookie cutters and each day he gets a different shape.  I hate throwing away the outside but ds won't eat the crust anyway. 

Other things - grapes, red,yellow & orange peppers, fruit roll ups, mini-waffles with individual syrup containers (from a diner- we save extras).  DS will eat chicken only if it's shaped in a dinosaur shape- from Perdue.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• ham or turkey rolled with cream cheese and cut into pinwheels--sometimes in a tortilla with lettuce too and sometimes just the turkey and cream cheese. 

edamame (he calls them his "pop beans" because he loves to pop the beans out--fun AND healthy)

almond butter and banana sandwich

pumpkin butter and cream cheese sandwich (yes, he loves cream cheese)

mini bagels

black bean and cheese quesadillas (actually almost any leftovers stuffed with cheese in a quesadilla)

pita stuffed with hummus

leftover pizza or "muffin pizza" (whole wheat english muffin with just a little sauce so it's not too messy and then cheese)

Good luck!

• Check out Sunbutter.  It's made from sunflower seeds and looks/tastes almost exactly like peanut butter.  We buy the version with flaxseed for the omega-3, it adds a bit of crunch to it.  DD loves the stuff and I've been known to eat a spoonful of it when making her a sandwich.  It's kind of pricy at about $5-$6 for a jar, but a jar lasts a while.  We usually buy it at Target, but the health food store in town and amazon.com both sell it too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"