1st Trimester
Options

Ectopic Scare

I've been having bad lower abdomen pains for about three weeks (I am 6wks 4days pregnant). I had my first appt today and they had me do blood work to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy. I waited about 5 hours for my doctor to call me and I was literally crying, pacing, and staring at my cell for the entire 5 hours. She just called and said I'm in the clear :) but she said my numbers were incredibly high for only being 6 wks 4days. She said I'm either carrying multiples or am a few weeks farther than we thought. So I go tomorrow for an Ultra Sound to determine whats going on. I'm sososo relieved, but now scared im having twins!! Haha wish me luck with that!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ectopic Scare

• Options
  • Options
    Great news! Update us when you know if it's multiples or you're further along. How exciting. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What were your beta #s?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me.  Ectopic scare, numbers off the chart, 6 weeks four days...and one beautiful healthy girl.
  • Options
    Dumb question... How can they tell it is ectopic by bloodwork?
    BFP: 3/28/2010 Beta #1-120, Beta #2-590 EDD: 12/7/2011 HB: 109 BPM on 4/15 HB: 167 BPM on 5/13! 7/18 IT'S A BOY!
    "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me the petition which I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
  • Options

I believe it was my hcg levels that were really high, I was so overjoyed when the doctor called and said it was fine that I can't quite remember if she said what was high or not. But below is what I found about the blood work.

HCG Test: This test is used for confirmation of an ectopic pregnancy by taking the blood sample to measure the hormone level. The name of the hormone is human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), this is present in placenta. Placenta is an organ developed during the pregnancy period. So, after ten days of the fertilization period, we can calculate the hormone levels in the blood and the urine. This hormone level will be increasing every two days for the first trimester (first twelve weeks). So , if there is no increase in the hormone level every two days in the first trimester, then we can determine that there is an ectopic pregnancy.

• Options
    We had the ultrasound yesterday. The technician couldnt tell me any details since a doctor wasnt present, but she was showing us everything and she was smiling. So I took that as a good sign. We got to see the teeny baby and even got to hear the baby's heart beat :) she told me not to tell people she let us hear the heart because she was only there for a diagnosis and to tell how far along I am. So, this monday we will know if there is more than one or if im farther along than expected. So I was like, oh so im only having one? And she laughed and was like well as far as I can tell, but there may be something hidden that I'm missing. So I'll know for sure when it/they get bigger haha! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"