Baby Showers
Options

Shower game that involves the dad?

I'm hosting a shower on Saturday (was supposed to be co-hosting, but the co-host has dropped out at the last minute, and she was in charge of games!). My brother is the daddy and I will see him before the shower. I'd like to play a game that involves him somehow... like maybe asking him a series of questions that are revealed during the shower, or asking my SIL the same questions during the shower, or something like that. Any suggestions?

FYI, here are the other games I'm considering:

Clothespins game (where everyone gets a clothespin, if you are caught crossing your leg, you give up your pin, the person with the most wins).

Baby animal name game (what's a baby cow, giraffe, fox, hippo, etc...)

Guess the girth (Everyone gets a string and guesses how much it takes to wrap around the belly)

Price is right (Guessing game at how much common baby toiletry items cost)

If you have any other games there were fun at your shower, I'm all ears! There will be about 25 people there.

Re: Shower game that involves the dad?

• Options

First, do no more than 2 games!  Many people hate shower games and even if people like games, too many get annoying.

I personally don't like the clothespin game.  Many people (me included) go to showers to mingle and talk and catch up.  Not to watch what other people do to try and get their clothespin.

Many people dno't like the guess the girth because it could make the mom feel self conscious. 

To include the dad, I have a friend who did a version of the newlywed game.  This is more about the mom and dad and isn't geared for the guests, but the guests seem to like it.  Basically, you ask him questions ahead of time and get his answers, then you ask the mom to be the same questions and see if they match or not. 

How many kids do you want?  When will you let your child first date?  What will his/her name be?

I'm not good w/ the qeustions, though.  Maybe others will have some ideas! 

Other games- the memory game.  Walk around the room w/ a basket full of baby items.  Show it to everyone.  Then remove it from the room and then tell everyone to write down however many items they can remember. 

Anotehr version of that- the mom to be carries the basket around and she takes the basket out and you tell them to write down what the MOM was wearing! 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I'm with you on the clothespin game, BUT... the one thing my ex-co-host did was buy clothespins off etsy which say the name of the baby on it. So I have 35 of them... any other ideas of how I can incorporate clothespins into a game that's not the leg crossing game???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think the price is right game sounds fun (note to self for this for a future baby shower). 

We did a game for my sister's bridal shower and it was all questions about the groom.  Since it was only our side of the family and a lot of them didn't know him.  Just general questions.  My other sister asked him the questions and then we asked my sister at the shower before she could open a present.  We would ask a question every so many presents and then whomever the gift was from, received the prize if she got the question right.  I think we even gave a prize if she got it wrong just too keep the game going.  You could do something like this, but make it all about when he was a baby. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

Sippy Cup drinking game:

Fill a bunch of sippy cups (or bottles) with beer.  Have a contest among the men- the one who drinks the entire thing (without removing the top) first wins!

Definitely a guy-pleasing game unless they aren't drinkers!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBerriGirl:
    I'm with you on the clothespin game, BUT... the one thing my ex-co-host did was buy clothespins off etsy which say the name of the baby on it. So I have 35 of them... any other ideas of how I can incorporate clothespins into a game that's not the leg crossing game???

This sounds fun!

https://www.baby-shower.com/d-games/1009775040_writing.html

• Options

imageBerriGirl:
    ANother version of the memory game - clip a clothes line up around the room and clip baby items to it.  At some point during the party, take it down and then ask people to write down what they remember.  You can even be sneaky about it and not tell them it's going to be a game - just take it down and see who paid any attention to it. ;)

And again- you can do it where the mom takes it out and you have them write down what the mom is wearing.

This will give you a way to use the clothes pins.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

imageBerriGirl:

My sister bought a bunch of wash clothes, burb towels and onsies and strung a line across the kitchen (at my mom's house) and hung each item up with a clothes pin. It was really cute decoration and I got to keep all the clothes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    at my shower my sister and best friend bought a bunch of metal safety pins (like that u could use on cloth diapers) and spray painted them light blue. everyone started with a necklace (piece of string) with a certain number of pins and then if anyone said the word baby they had to give up a pin and the one with the most pins wins. it was hard for me cuz i participated and had to be careful when i said what he gift was without saying baby. it was a lot of fun esp. with it being about a baby u will be surprised at how much people say the word baby!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was in charge of games at my SIL's shower and I let my bro/SIL play "Guess What's in the Diaper?" I bought 10 baby food jars in a variety of colors and flavors and a small packet of size N diapers (20 pack). I numbered the diapers, scooped the baby food into them, and bro and SIL would have to hold up the diaper so everyone else could see it, smell it and try to figure out what it is, and then whoever got the most right would win a prize. (With the leftover diapers, I took a sharpie and wrote little messages on them like "This one's for Daddy" and "Mommy's Little Stinker" so they could get a couple giggles in their first few diaper changes.

The game that was the big hit, though, was the memory game but with candy bars. I grabbed a bunch of different candy bars/Mike & Ike's/junk like that and put them on a tray (enough for each guest+ a few extras) and then covered them up. Instead of asking them to write down what was on the tray, I gave them riddles and the answers were the names of candy bars in a way that told bro & SIL's story. For example:

For six years, J and T have been (SweeTarts)

Then they found out they were going to have a (Sugar Baby)

yadayadayada. Whoever completed the riddle with the correct candy got the candy. Everybody won something, and they really enjoyed it!

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • Options

imageBerriGirl:

Make a little clothesline to hang all of the clothes she gets for the baby and use the cute clips to hang them up.

Or you could do a string with pictures on it, of mom and dad when they were little and growing up and hang them with the clothespins!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"