June 2011 Moms

anyone taken anything for diarrhea this pregnancy?

if so what?

my tummy has been upset all afternoon and I know that I can't take the Pepto that I would usually take pre-pregnancy 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone taken anything for diarrhea this pregnancy?

• I haven't personally taken anything...I've been having more of the, um, opposite problem Tongue Tied.  However, my OB recommends Immodium as OK in all three trimesters with the caveat to take it for no more than 2 days.  If you're going on 3 days with symptoms, definitely call your doc.
  • I had a nasty stomach bug/diarrhea and my doc said what they do in the hospital is give you a dose of fiber (metamucil at the hospital, fiber supplement of your choice at home) for each episode of diarrhea.  I used Benefiber, and it worked for me, I only had 3 doses.  She said it's b/c fiber absorbs water.  Feel better!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Loading the player...
  • I have irritable bowel syndrome and every now and then have to take immodium.  I usually try to take just one pill though as it can swing you back the other way too!!  Good luck!
  • when most women were barfing in  the first tri I had diarrhea instead.  I never took anything for it.  I was told to take lots of fluids (I really found the pedialyte popsicles helpful with both the diarrhea and the nausea) and to follow a bland diet until it returned to normal...
    Oh and as a pp mentioned, fibre rich foods are good too (even though ppl assume it will have an opposite effect)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"