Georgia Babies

Where do you buy bathing suits?

I am definitely leaning toward something a little more modest than what I wore pre-baby, but I don't want to look like an old lady either. Do you have a specific place you buy from or do you just go the dept. store and check them out?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where do you buy bathing suits?

• I just (like 5 min ago) ordered one from Lands End Canvas. I got one from there last year and love it, and they are having a GREAT sale right now. I got a 2 piece for $15.98 and free shipping.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Ditto Land's End Canvas!  Also check out ModCloth.com

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member
    I got a Land's End suit from Sears several years ago.  I call it my "Hollywood" suit because it's modest, yet makes me feel glamorous.  I liked that I could try stuff on in the store and then order online if there was a color, etc. I liked better.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I got a cute more athletic type one from Athleta last year, and I also have one from Target that worked well, and then J Crew is good for basic colors.  Bathing suits are hard!! 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Every bathing suit I own is from JCrew. It seems like I look elsewhere every year, and I always end up at JCrew. Their suits are cute, the quality is good, and all their pieces come in separates, which is key for me. My top and bottom are definitely not the same size!
  • I went to a few dept stores last spring to search and try some on and then ended up buying the pieces online in a different color from Macys. I hate bathing suit shopping though, its just evil.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • I love Lands End Canvas.

I'm also on the hunt for the Spanx swimsuit. I heard that TJMaxx and Marshalls carry them.

• Honestly, my body is so different from summer to summer, I don't spend a lot on swimsuits. I get mine either from Target or Old Navy.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The most hilarious part is that my last two swimsuits each came from Wal-Mart. One in Florida and one in Hawaii.

Suffice to say, I don't really have high requirements for my swim wear. LOL.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • J. Crew makes fabulous suits.  I just bought one from Old Navy though b/c it got great reviews.  It is a one-piece b/c I know my belly won't be bikini-ready by summer, and I didn't want to spend a ton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been happy with the ones from Lands End and Lands End Canvas.
  • Target.  I get at least one new one every year from there and always love the selection and fit.  GREAT prices, too!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Target tankinis.  Get a new one every year.  My all time favorite was a Mossimo one from there.  I left it hanging on the door in my hotel room in St. Thomas.  I literally cried over that $20 swimsuit- lol.  Will have to check out Lands End though...

• I also just bought a new one from Lands End Canvas.  If you don't mind last year's style then they are super cheap right now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"