Minnesota Babies

"Sea Life" (formerly Underwater Adventures) on a Sat. = FAIL

So DH, DD and I all went to check out the MOA's newly remodeled aquarium. After waiting in line for over 30 min and paying $44 for the two adults (DD was free, thank goodness) we went through the new set up. It was all fine in the beginning and at the end, but in the middle, walking through the seahorse and jellyfish things was HORRIBLE! Insanely crowded and poor ventalation... People were getting so irritated around us and we were all packed like sardines (no pun intended) through these exhibits that no one could really look at the animals because there was no room to move. They also took out the moving walkway through the tunnels so everyone was clogged at the beginning of the tunnels, just standing there, thus causing the backup in the previous rooms.

This was a horrible experience for us and especuially being so expensive! So if you're planning on going, do NOT go on a weekend. They have to figure out how to get a high number of people through those tunnels more effeciently... Not to mention there weren't any staff within the crowded areas to help people along. 

I just wanted to warn others in case you had this on your weekend plans... Go during the week. I'm sure it'll be less busy and you can actually see the animals that you paid an arm-and-a-leg to see.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: "Sea Life" (formerly Underwater Adventures) on a Sat. = FAIL

• Thanks for the review I has been wondering if it would be worth it but maybe we will wait a little longer. I was just shock at the price. Also that sucks they removed the moving sidewalk.
  • imagePayne2B2008:
    Thanks for the review I has been wondering if it would be worth it but maybe we will wait a little longer. I was just shock at the price. Also that sucks they removed the moving sidewalk.

I agree! The prices were absolutely insane! I can't fathom going in the next few YEARS... 

• Loading the player...
  • That's a bummer.  I never go on the weekends, the mall itself is a zoo then.  My claustraphobia kicks in with all the people.  The shark mascot hands out 2 for 1 passes while he walks around the mall, I've never paid full price.  Also, I think the took the walkway out because it hasn't worked the last 3 times I've gone.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I really want to take LO but I just can't justify the price. I think it's crazy over priced. I had been there years ago and didn't think it was worth it then.
    "imageimage
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
  • We bought an annual membership at Costco- we have gone 3 times and the membership is good through January.  Since DS doesn't have a super long attention span it is nice to go and not feel bad if we only spend 45 minutes.  We usually go as soon as they open on Sunday morning (9:30) to avoid the crazy weekend crowd. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have an Underwater Adventures membership too (not sure yet how the sea life change affects that)

And when it was UA at least, the price was well worth it.  We go all the time in the winter.  And if we only stay 15 minutes, who cares.  DD loves going to see the fish.  And members don't have to wait in that stupid long line.

The moving walkway hasn't worked in a long time, which is probably why they took it out.

• we have talked about getting a membership (anyone know if Costco still sells them?) but wanted to wait until Aiden was a little older. 

ok so I was just looking at the map online & it looks like they changed the way you walk thought it (did that make sense?) Is that right?   

• Some friends invited us to go to there this past Sunday.  I had never been before.  DS seemed to enjoy it but it's not worth the price of admission, IMO.  Granted, it is an aquarium in the basement of a mall.  I'd rather go to the zoo.

They are out of state but I recommend the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky or the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.  They are both worth the $20-25 adult admission price.

• imagepurplecrayon:

They are out of state but I recommend the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky or the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.  They are both worth the $20-25 adult admission price.

Totally agree!  The Georgia Aquarium is awesome if you ever get a chance to go.

• imagePayne2B2008:

ok so I was just looking at the map online & it looks like they changed the way you walk thought it (did that make sense?) Is that right?   

Yes, they essentially have you walking through it backwards. So you end the tour where you would normally begin it. 

• imageJessie0706:

imagePayne2B2008:

Yes, they essentially have you walking through it backwards. So you end the tour where you would normally begin it. 

Ok glad to know I was not looking at it wrong.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"