March 2011 Moms

i can't take this much longer

DD is totally different this week and its driving me nuts.  she doesn't nap as much as last week and if i put her in her swing or on her boppy she cries until i pick her up.  and when she is awake she is eating every hour on the hour, 75ml, and i don't get anything done at all during the day.  is this a growth spurt or what?  can't wait till DH gets home so i can get out of the house.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i can't take this much longer

• DD did the same thing around the same time. She would switch back and forth from boob to boob sometimes for 4 hours strait. It lasted 2-3 days.. and I seriously considered switching to pumping and bottle feeding. Last night she got into a spurt of it again.. fed for almost 3 hours strait.. napped for 20 mins and woke up rooting again. I was so exhausted I just thawed out some BM and bottle fed her.. From everything I've gathered.. it's fairly normal for them to do.. especially in the evening/during growth spurts.
  • They have a bunch of growth spurts!  I am going through one right now.  From 9pm to 5am last night we were up switching boob to boob and refusing to sleep or be content anywhere.  I tried rocking, swing, bouncer, my chest, daddy's arms... she wouldn't sleep anywhere.

I ended up taking the 3 oz I pumped earlier in the day and feeding her a bottle of it and then with the help of the Sleep Sheep she finally passed out at 6am.  Sad thing is it was the first time I tried pumping and starting a stash.  Guess that didn't work out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStellarStina26:

They have a bunch of growth spurts!  I am going through one right now.  From 9pm to 5am last night we were up switching boob to boob and refusing to sleep or be content anywhere.  I tried rocking, swing, bouncer, my chest, daddy's arms... she wouldn't sleep anywhere.

I ended up taking the 3 oz I pumped earlier in the day and feeding her a bottle of it and then with the help of the Sleep Sheep she finally passed out at 6am.  Sad thing is it was the first time I tried pumping and starting a stash.  Guess that didn't work out. 

This made me laugh. EVERY time that I try to pump to start a "stash" my DD does the same exact thing! I have given up. :)
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• I remember this with DD#1.  After about two weeks, they "wake up"...  I expected it with DD#2 so it wasn't so shocking.  This is when the real fun begins.  They definitely don't stay sleepy for long!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"