High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

2nd timers: dilated outer cervix?

My doctor checked me due to frequent BHs (more than 4 an hour a couple of times this week) and said I was dilated on the outside but closed on the inside. That's what really matters, and it was reassuring to know I'm not "actually" dilated.

he said this can happen with women who have had babies before.And a warning just in case i'm ever checked at L & D that some nurses/doctors overreact when they come across this because they may not dont know that it can be normal for 2nd timers.

Anyone else have this happen or have this discussion?

My length is still measuring awesome though, above 3! It was at this point in my last pregnancy I was on strict bedrest for funneling. I get one more ultrasound at 28 weeks to measure and then I'm done. I was a little worried about the "unknown" after that point, so I asked what would happen if I shorten around 31 weeks or something?

Love my dr, he put his hand on my arm and said that everything shows if I'm not 2.5 by 28 weeks there is very little chance I'll have an early baby. I feel better that I'm going to have another u/s at 29 weeks for the baby's weight, and although it will be external I'll have the tech take a look and see if she's concerned about the length. Most likely I think they'll do that again around 32 or 33 weeks so I won't be completely in the dark about length.

anyway just wondering if anyone's heard of this outer dilation issue.

Re: 2nd timers: dilated outer cervix?

• Options

Me!! I had that at week 25 and was told it was due to 2nd pg (actually 9th- gulp)

My cervix did start shortening that week and was measured at 2.5.  Weekly measurements showed shortening (over 3 weeks). Then I did dialate.

Get this...I've been 4 cm for almost a month now and still pg.  That's when I was admitted.  All contrax stopped with procardia.

The dr. keeps saying my water could break because the bag is exposed but nothing.

Mon. is our date for c/s. Hang in there. YOurs sounds like a better scenario than what I exp.

• Options
    Wow! You are so close! You've done a great job of keeping those babies cooking! Best of luck to you : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"