VBAC

Another ? about multiple VBACS

Is there a recommended amount of time or any restrictions on how long one should wait between pregnancies after a successful VBAC? DH and I are pretty sure that yet to be conceived #2 will be our last however if we did decide to have a 3rd we would want, based on our ages, for the age gap to be closer than #2 will be from DD. Basically I'm wondering if once you've had a c-section if this will always restrict the spacing of subsequent pregnancies/vaginal deliveries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Another ? about multiple VBACS

• That's a really good quesion. I don't know the answer but am interested in what others may say. My guess is that the time restriction is from time of c-section to first VBAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know, but I would guess you'd be back to the standard intervals  - which I think is like 18-24 months between births anyway.   So, it's really not much less. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know the answer either.  My c/s and my first VBAC were 26 months apart and my two VBACs were 19 months apart though. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Your scar only has to heal once.
  • imagelorryfach:
    Your scar only has to heal once.

This was the part I was unsure of. I wasn't sure if the strain of pregnancy, even one that led to a sucessful VBAC, would be a factor when considering when to TTC post VBAC.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My OB wanted us to wait at least 9 months before we got pregnant with #2 after the VBAC.  This time around when I told her we wanted to start trying for #3 at 6 months she had no problem.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine c-s and (failed) VBAC were 18 months apart.  My OB says uterus is healed by 12 months and he had no problem with me attempting VBAC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"