Health & Exercise

Sports Bra and BF

so i got cleared to exercise about 3 weeks ago. I've been going to the gym, trying to get back into the swing of things. I made a really bad decision re my sports bra. I decided to wear my bra from before i was pregnant. it was obviously too small . . .i was 34A and now who knows what i am. At the time it seemed like a good idea bc it was small so the support felt great.

Bad idea. Now i am being treated for what "could be mastitis" and i still have an issue with my right breast. I'm thinking it was probably caused by the small bra bc i had no issues before this.

so anyways, this is a question for you ladies who had a chest before you got pregnant (i never did). What kind of sports bra do you wear? I'm assuming i need one with more support--instead of wearing one that is too small.

Even with the one that was too small, with jumping i was uncomfortable and not supported enough. this is so foreign to me bc up until now i've always worn a sports bra bc that's what you wear not bc i really needed one. any advice would be MUCH appreciated! 

Re: Sports Bra and BF

• I have some Nike high impact sports bras that I like a lot.  Make sure to change out of your sports bra promptly after exercising to decrease your chances of breast infections.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I really enjoyed my Moving Comfort bras.  They have an adjustable strap that *could* be used to open it up for nursing.  (I never nursed in them.  I always changed back into a nursing bra after exercising to nurse.)  I got them at REI, so they were a little pricey, but soooo worth it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the Moving Comfort bras.

And take them off right away.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • I got a nursing bra from Motherhood. It's not incredibly supportive, though. I don't jump or run and plan to avoid high impact until after weaning. I still work out hard, just without jumping. Kettlebells, stepping, elliptical, etc.
  • imagehikerbeth:

Ditto the Moving Comfort bras.

And take them off right away.

This, exactly. Don't wear them any longer than you have to. Amazon has them for the cheapest price, I think. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • kc192kc192 member

I don't have an overly huge chest either but I ride horses for a living so I need as much support as I can for what little I have!

I also vote for moving comfort. They're hands down my favorite sports bras for quality and comfort (and I wear sports bras pretty much every day). I've found the best deals on Sierra Trading Post. You can get them on clearance and find coupon codes. I have no idea about BF or anything yet but as far as sports bras go, they're great!

BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"