March 2011 Moms
Options

C-section Moms, come in!

It's almost 4 weeks since I had DD and I'm still having pain in my left side (the side they closed the stitches on).  It's not all the time- mostly when I stand up too fast and it's kind of intense and then fades.  I emailed my doctor about it and he said to go get all this blood work done.  That was two days ago.  I haven't gone because I didn't have the car but now I'm feeling a little better and thinking it's just part of the healing process. 

How are you feeling?  Do you still have pain sometimes?  I know we're not doctors so I'm not looking for medical advice.  I just don't want to have to go get these tests if I really don't need to (no one at the clinic speaks English and I really don't want to have to take DD there).

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-section Moms, come in!

• Options
    I had a c/s last time and the pain lasted a good 6-8 weeks and would even pop up every now and then months later depending on how much I exerted myself.  Mine was on the right side b/c that's where my stitches were tied off. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!  That is exactly what I needed to know!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 5 weeks PP as of Wednesday and I still have pain from time to time.  I can't believe how dependent I am on Motrin still.  Not as much as when I first came home but I do have to take a pill every few days.  Especially if I am active around the house.  I haven't driven much in the past 5 weeks because of the unpredictable pain.  I'd rather just play it safe than sorry.  Hope this helps:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    BFP 6/1/14  --  Blighted Ovum: 7/9/14  --  D&C: 7/10/14
    BFP 3/26/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy: 3/30/15

• Options

I'm relieved that you posted this because I feel the pain on my left side also, sporadically and usually when I am doing too much - just like you.  I have been wondering if this is normal as well.  (I'm only about 2 weeks PP).  Mine's like a burning sensation, it's weird.  I'm glad to see that others are having this as well, and it sounds like (from everyone else's posts) that this is normal.  Sorry this is totally not helpful, haha.

What kind of blood work did they want you to get, do you know?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    6 weeks later  i still have pain if I overdo it. It's like a burning sensation like pp mentioned, but it's not specific to one side. It's my whole incision. I had 8 staples across my incision.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine almost 3 weeks ago and I still have pain where the stitches are. It will hurt just from moving around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"