March 2011 Moms

Question from a Nov mommy

Hi Ladies, I wanted to ask how many of you went into labor 4-6 days after your due date? I am due Nov 15 and I think it would be neat to be induced the 20th because it will be my late fathers birthday, if I can wait it ot. Thanks and congrats to all of you!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question from a Nov mommy

• I went into labor 2 days after my due date and gave birth the following evening.  You may want to talk to your doctor about induction because they may have their own rules on when they will induce.  For instance, my doctor doesn't induce until after 41 weeks, but before 42.  I had an induction scheduled for 41.5 weeks, but my water ended up breaking on its own at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like PP said, you should talk to your doctor about their policy on induction.  I'm not sure if you've had any ultrasounds yet but after my second ultrasound at about 9 weeks, they changed my EDD.  Good luck!

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I went at 40w5d.  My OB says it's common for first time moms to go between 39 weeks and 40 weeks 5 days.  Apparently she was right for me!
  • I had DD at 39wks 5d it would have probably been 40wks if they didn't induce me. I was in active labor and only 2cm dilated, my OB was going on vacation at noon the next day (yes, our worst fear actually happened to me) so I allowed them to induce to ensure my doctor would be the one delivering me.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• imageTwinkz:

Like PP said, you should talk to your doctor about their policy on induction.  I'm not sure if you've had any ultrasounds yet but after my second ultrasound at about 9 weeks, they changed my EDD.  Good luck!

I had an ultrasound at my fist appt. I am going by my O date (nov 15), my dr is going by my lmp (for a edd of nov 12), so if they go by that I would be 40w2d. But I realize its very early and they may change it and I would not want to try to push baby out before they are fully developed!!
  • I had a failed induction at 40w2d and then a success at 40w5d.  I'm sure I would have gone into labor soon had I not been induced but my son was measuring big (9lbs2oz) so I opted to get induced.  I don't think it matters how accurate your dates are you could deliver any time.  My Dr said the vast majority of women deliver between 39-41 weeks - but there's no way to predict when it will happen.  I'd say if they are open to inducing you, and you go that late, they you can probably arrange it, but you could easily have the baby before then, or before your due date as well.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Dr;s office induces any time after 41 weeks and before 42. I was induced at 41 weeks 1 day. Like all the pp's said, check with your Dr about their policy on it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • On the flip side of going late, I went early, at 38w 4d.  Overall for March Mommies, I think here was a good mix of mommies that went early, on time, and late.

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"