Pre-School and Daycare

is a 2.5yr old too young for a leapster?

thanks for the help - getting ready to go on a flight and trying to think of things to keep her occupied.  was thinking of getting either the fisher price iXL or leapster but not sure if she's too young for them...

Re: is a 2.5yr old too young for a leapster?

• We don't have it, but my friend's DD does and she loves it.  She has an older brother who has one, so maybe that makes a difference?  I looked at getting one for DD, but I have an iphone and the apps are about the same, and plane/car trips are the only times I would want her to use it. 
  • We have the Leapster Explorer and it would definitely not be age appropriate for a 2.5 yr old.  I don't know about the other brands....  
  • Loading the player...
  • My dd got her leapster explorer on her 3rd bday and was able to play it right away. I don't think she would have been able to when she was 2 1/2 though. My 2yr old will watch leapfrog movies on the explorer but that's it. She is able to play a little on the ixl (it has music & an art pad) so I would go with that one if I had to chose.

Your dd might like the leapfrog scribble&write or a doodle pro. Those both have kept my kids busy for long periods of time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My DS just turned 3 and he's still a bit too young for his sister's Leapster.  He's interested in it, just can't quite figure out what to do, control it properly or take care of it gently, etc.  We're thinking that he'll be ready closer to Christmas.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"