Working Moms

Before school care for school aged kids?

I'm starting my job search for next fall (I'm a teacher) and I've been thinking about what I'm going to do for before school care for DD when she starts kindergarten in 2012. The daycare that she'll be at doesn't offer it. 

What do you do? Friend? Find another daycare? DS will be at the same DC and I hate the idea of having to make 2 stops. 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Before school care for school aged kids?

• The school I use to work at the teachers brought there kids with them and they hung out in there classroom. It was a very small school though. A

Does the school offer any before/after school program?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our Elementary school starts at 8am but has a drop off at 730am for breakfast in the cafeteria.   DD goes to the cafeteria with her friends around 740am so we can be at work around 8am (MH takes the boys to daycare afterward).   

Our daycare also has a before school care starting at 6am but we don't use it.  We do use the afterschool care.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My daycare has before school care. I have a friend though who's child stays with an elderly neighbor until the bus comes. I think she gives the neighbor a small amount like $40 or $50 a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The district the kids will be in isn't hiring. That would be my (obvious) first choice. I'm looking at a nearly 40 min commute for the furthest school, so I don't know if that's too early for a before school program. I'll have to look into it.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you already know the daycare doesn't offer it, maybe you can ask if one of the teachers could watch her in the morning and then take her to school.  Why does DS have early morning care but DD doesn't if they are at the same daycare for school? 

• My FIL takes DS to the bus in the AM.  I have a friend whose neighbor drops her kids off in the AM before she leaves for school (she works in a school) so that her kids can catch the bus.  At our daycare, older siblings of younger kids still at the PS can be dropped off there to catch the bus in the morning, as well.  Talk to your daycare about it, maybe they'll do it if there's enough interest.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Maybe another mother in the class wouldn't mind if your child stayed with them in the mornings before school?  You could even pay them...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"