December 2011 Moms
Options

+ HPT but negative at the Dr.

I'm frustrated because I have gotten two positive HPT (digitals) both both times I peed on a stick at the Dr.'s office, they said the line was too faint to be considered a positive! They did a blood test today and I will get the result tomorrow but I am getting a little bit concerned...

Anybody else have this problem?

Re: + HPT but negative at the Dr.

• Options

That is my biggest fear. I thought a line is a line? I pray your blood results come back positive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They said the line was too faint!? that is so weird, a line is a line, it would only register if you had HCG in your blood aka pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
    TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagewillamina28:
    They said the line was too faint!? that is so weird, a line is a line, it would only register if you had HCG in your blood aka pregnant. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

That's what I was thinking--what the %&(*? How can a line be too faint--if there is a line, that means there is a pregnancy. Silly doctors office!

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

• Options
    I am lurking from Dec. 2010 but I had the same thing happen. I got several positive HPTs at home but the urine test at the office came back negative. They had me horribly freaked out, and I had to wait 24 hours for the blood test results. I was indeed pregnant and the scare was all for naught. I have heard that the tests they use at the doc office are cheap and not as sensitive to the HCG. GL! I hope it all works out for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekatyj25:
    I had the blood test done and they told me that the blood test is 100% accurate while the hpt is only 99%. The nurse said the hpt must have been wrong. Has anyone had it happen where the blood test at the hospital was the wrong one?

Well I have known someone who went in after seeing a faint line and the blood test was negative, she kept getting faint lines so a few days later she made them test her blood again and it was +. 

Good Luck and hopefully your next tests are positives!

TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts... I am really praying hard that I am pregnant... I am also praying for you katyj25!
  • Options

I had the exact same thing happen. Only I had my blood test on Monday and haven't heard anything back yet! AF still hasn't arrived which is a good sign, and I am having a lot of the symptoms, but it still worries me.

My doctor told me that the tests the have in their office are not as sensitive as the HPTs, so he made it seem like he was confident in my HPT results. Hope you get your results soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same thing happened with DS.  I had 3 + tests at home, - test at the doc, took 2 more tests at home, those were both +, went back to the doc 2 days later and it was +!  I had never had such a roller coaster of emotions in my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"