Pregnant after a Loss

Trigger: Pulled

Just got back from my first ever trip maternity clothes shopping.  I went to a consignment shop down the hill, figure we're on a budget and its not like I'll wear these everyday for all eternity.  I think I made out pretty well.  It was really overwhelming at first, so I just started trying stuff on.  Figured out pretty quick what fit me well and what didn't. 

Got jeans there for <$10, shirts for $5-8 & tank tops for ~$2.  Was a little disappointed they didn't  have maxi dresses as I've heard they are really comfy...and the shorts selection was kind of lacking (guessing they just aren't out yet...but its 80 here so I was definitely thinking of summer today).  Will definitely go back though.  Spent $90 and probably got $300 worth of clothes (or more, I really don't have a clue what maternity clothes go for).

Looking forward to wearing clothes that fit rightSmile

Now to take on the doppler ordering...

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
~All AL'ers welcome~

Re: Trigger: Pulled

• Yay! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • They also had great deals on baby gear and baby clothes.  I have a feeling I'll be getting some frequent shopper points with them, lol. 

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Yes
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fun!
  • WooHoo. Good for you. That is an awesome deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Yay! Good for you! I hate that we all feel like we shouldn't be wearing mat clothes until a certain point. I say, be comfortable!

I wore a real maternity shirt for the first time yesterday (SIL gave me all of hers, I hate the idea of spending money on them too) and it was so nice. I can still fit in my normal clothes, even my jeans, but in tighter stuff I just look fat.

• Sounds like you got some great deals!  Nice work!  I'm going to have to check out some consignment shops around here.  I bought my first couple of maternity items this week after my 10 week ultrasound went well.  Yay for biting the bullet and finding some comfort again!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• YesAwesome!  I wish I could find a consignment shop around me that had maternity!  I have been lucky though to be the last of my friends to get KU so I have inherited a lot of hand-me-downs.

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • imageitsmegin:

Yay! Good for you! I hate that we all feel like we shouldn't be wearing mat clothes until a certain point. I say, be comfortable!

I wore a real maternity shirt for the first time yesterday (SIL gave me all of hers, I hate the idea of spending money on them too) and it was so nice. I can still fit in my normal clothes, even my jeans, but in tighter stuff I just look fat.

A big part of my reason for waiting was budget.  After the loss, I was having trouble justifying (to myself, DH has been telling me to get them for weeks) the expense of maternity clothes if I wasn't going to get to use them.

imageewilliams1127:

YesAwesome!  I wish I could find a consignment shop around me that had maternity!  I have been lucky though to be the last of my friends to get KU so I have inherited a lot of hand-me-downs.

This shop is called Baby Go Round.  Not sure if anyone else is in San Diego, but here's the website: https://www.babygoroundresale.com/

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• That's great!  I was thinking of checking Craigslist or something for used clothes.
    Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
    BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
    BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
    Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
    Currently TTC Baby #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"