Two Under 2

Clingy DC1, DC2 comes in 7 wks- what to do?

Hi All-

I have enjoyed reading all the posts here over the course of my pregnancy and now really need some of your wisdom! DS is 14 1/2 mo and will be 16 1/2 mo when DC2 arrives. He is extremely demanding of me, more so than other people's kids I see, and is a real mommas boy. If I sit down, he comes and grabs me by the finger to take me where he wants to go or show me what he wants (he doesn't talk yet at all to tell me anything). I still can't even pee alone - even when DH or his sitter are here, he comes in, or when I try to close the door he stands at it and has a meltdown. If he wants to play outside and his sitter is here, I have to go out and if I sit he grabs me and tries to drag me around. I don't know what to do - I know when I come home from the hospital I simply will not physically be able to do what he wants. Do I let him cry now and be a harda$$ about staying seated when he has DH or his sitter here to play with? He seems like he is going to be a tantrum-prone kid, and when he gets upset he often pukes (it's AWESOME), and I try to avoid creating those situations so he doesn't get extra attention via cleaning him up, etc.

Anyone else been here? Help!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clingy DC1, DC2 comes in 7 wks- what to do?

• I think you need to stand your ground a bit, but start slow, and pick smaller battles and hopefully he won't puke!  Do you go out at all when DH or the sitter are around?  Is he fine when you are gone?  If you don't go out when they are taking care of him, I suggest you start there, if he develops a better relationship with them maybe he will leave you alone a bit.  If they are fine when you leave, but he attaches to you when you are home, you need to get your space back.  I usually got them interested in something and then slowly did something else right next to them (DS would build a tower, and I would fold laundry) then I would slowly do more and more things apart from him and he got used to independent play... GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • My son is a HUGE Mama's boy.  He wanted nothing to do with his dad for the first year or so.  That being said, as he got older, he has gotten more and more interested in his Dad and anyone else that comes over who is willing to play Spiderman, Transformers, etc. with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"