Attachment Parenting

I Was Judged

For having a short son. 

A woman @ the inflatable playground commented yesterday on how well Ari talks & asked how old he was.

"He'll be 22 months Friday."

She scrunches up her nose & says, "well, geez, why is he soooo short?"

"My H is 5'4", I'm 5'3". Therefore, he has a genetic predisposition to being of short stature." (Yes, I was being a total smarta$$)

"Well, you better start feeding him! No girls are going to want a short man!"

Ummm, really? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I Was Judged

• Wow.  What a b!tch.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewebMistress0609:

For having a short son. 

A woman @ the inflatable playground commented yesterday on how well Ari talks & asked how old he was.

"My H is 5'4", I'm 5'3". Therefore, he has a genetic predisposition to being of short stature." (Yes, I was being a total smarta$$)

Ummm, really? 

Indifferent Wow.

And P.S. I kind of judge her for saying something so close-minded. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagewebMistress0609:

For having a short son. 

Ummm, really? 

Indifferent

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yeah, your hubby is short, I guess you were just really drunk when you got together?  You CAN'T have been thinking right to actually want to date him, right?

What a ***. 

ETA:      ^ that word is b!tch. 

• Well then rude lady! My DH is only 5'2" and I want him! Oh, and I'm 5'6", so yes, I'm taller than my husband. 

I can't stand when people think they have to give their opinion.  

Plus, I've noticed people really don't know how tall a baby/toddler should be, because I've had just as many "wow, he's big for his age" comments as "he's tiny" about DS.

Love your comment btw! Smile I might have to steal it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • your response to her made me lol... i wish i could come up with witty comments like that :)

and yes she is beyond rude! 

love, passion, adore, always. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't get the "girls don't like short guys" thing. I think this thread proves it. Short guys don't bother me. The only thing that bothers me is that a few do have a short man complex, but that is not most. I think it's a rumor that girls won't date shorter guys.
  • Super Angry WTH!!!!!

I get this with my tiny son to. Why say that? And I LOVED the way you handled it 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Because feeding him is going to change his genes and make him taller? Okay lady. Confused

Some people are so rude!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagefredalina:
    I judge her for sexualizing a 1 year old.

this.

what is wrong with people? oops, i judged, didn't i?

• imagefredalina:

Yes - this!  Who even thinks about that?  

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Wow, that is insane. 
  • ETA: Weird. My post didn't post. It just said "I".

Well anyhow, what I wanted to say was, you should have replied: "I'm sure you know all about not being able to get someone to love you.  Won't your insurance cover fixing that??"  Then walk away, leaving her to wonder what on Earth you're talking about.

OK OK. I wouldn't say that. But I'd think it. I adore Ari and many girls and/or boys will, too, one day. Stupid hag.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • What an idiot. I've had people comment on our 3 month old girl, saying "Oh, born so small? (5lbs 15 oz) You should have eaten more when you were pregnant!" Um, I put on 45lbs when I was preggo, and given that I am naturally a small person, I didn't expect to give birth the hulk baby. 

imagewebMistress0609:

I can't believe that someone would even think of this when a child is so young. I probably would have said something like "Oh, well I figured since he's so freakishly short, he'll probably be a homosexual too, so I'm not too worried about girls." just to get her to bugger off. Idiot.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • What a weirdo.  I would have said "Well, since he's only 1, we're not worried about him not getting enough tail just yet.  You know, we'll probably get him a really fast sports car to compensate for his stature.  Nice talking to you."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my god, I can't believe anyone would say that.  I would be so shocked!  Good for you for saying something, I don't think I could think that quickly being so stunned.

What a b!tch.  I judge her and her idiocy.  And hooray for short husbands!  Dh is 5'6 (although that's not really that short compared to me since I'm only 4'10). 

• OMG!  You should have said, "along with our short stature comes genius, hot bodies, great looks, and CLASS you whore!".  Ok, maybe not - but you should have thought it.  What a crazy woman!  HOW RUDE!
  • imageSeaMama:
    OMG!  You should have said, "along with our short stature comes genius, hot bodies, great looks, and CLASS you whore!".  Ok, maybe not - but you should have thought it.  What a crazy woman!  HOW RUDE!

This post literally made me LOL!

I agree with what everyone said.  I love your response!  I am going to assume she didn't marry a small man!

To the poster who commented on feeding him not changing his genes, I have to throw this out to there.  DS is tiny and the doctor does believe it may be in part due to his lack of solids.  That CAN stunt his growth.  Our 5'6" male pedi has spoken to us about how nutrition this early in life can influence his overall body size, as well as his brain size.  That is why DS' eating is such a big deal.  Luckily for us, his brain seems to be doing just fine and that is all we care about. DH is 6 feet and I am 5'4", genetically, he should not be off the chart low in size, even at this age.  As rude as the woman's comments were, she may have been concerned about a medical issue.  Of course, the short guys comment makes me think she was just a total condescending, arrogant, judgmental biotch in the overall scheme of things!

• imagefredalina:

I love you.

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerainlily:
    What a weirdo.  I would have said "Well, since he's only 1, we're not worried about him not getting enough tail just yet.  You know, we'll probably get him a really fast sports car to compensate for his stature.  Nice talking to you."

LOL.  I love this response!!

What a total B though!  Who would say that about a toddler?! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageQuazel:

imageSeaMama:
    OMG!  You should have said, "along with our short stature comes genius, hot bodies, great looks, and CLASS you whore!".  Ok, maybe not - but you should have thought it.  What a crazy woman!  HOW RUDE!

I agree with what everyone said.  I love your response!  I am going to assume she didn't marry a small man!

To the poster who commented on feeding him not changing his genes, I have to throw this out to there.  DS is tiny and the doctor does believe it may be in part due to his lack of solids.  That CAN stunt his growth.  Our 5'6" male pedi has spoken to us about how nutrition this early in life can influence his overall body size, as well as his brain size.  That is why DS' eating is such a big deal.  Luckily for us, his brain seems to be doing just fine and that is all we care about. DH is 6 feet and I am 5'4", genetically, he should not be off the chart low in size, even at this age.  As rude as the woman's comments were, she may have been concerned about a medical issue.  Of course, the short guys comment makes me think she was just a total condescending, arrogant, judgmental biotch in the overall scheme of things!

Yes, I also believe nutrition can influence growth.  While DH definitely never had height on his side (his mother is 4'11", his father is 5'7"), he wrestled in high school at 102 lb and had to starve to maintain that weight.  I feel he would have grown another few inches and maybe topped out at around his father's and his younger brother's, who is also 5'7", height rather than at 5'2" had he taken better care of himself nutritionally.  No matter though, I love my DH for who he is, and his height doesn't make a difference to me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQuazel:

imageSeaMama:

That was me. :) That makes sense that nutrition can play a part in hindering or promoting growth and height. But I tend to agree that I doubt she made the comment in a concerned-type fasion, since she seemed so worried about his dating life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Seriously!  What a piece of work. 

My DH is 5'6 and I am 6'1 so clearly some women are willing to buck the social norm.  Glad you had a good comeback for her snotty comment, I think I would have been so floored wouldnt have known what to say.  I do love PP comment about buying him a car though :).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"