if you had back labor... — The Bump
Eco-Friendly Family

if you had back labor...

...did you have a back ache afterwards?

I had back labor with DD - she was head down but facing sideways until just before delivery.  It has been a week, and my back feels like i've been in a car wreck. Some of it is just being tired, and some is probably due to the awkward nursing positions i had to use with the bili blanket on her.  But I'm thinking a visit to the chiropractor is in my future.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if you had back labor...

• Yes.  I actually had spasms in my back for maybe two weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't really. But a combo of nursing, labor, carrying baby and everything else could definitely add to it.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  I had MAJOR back labor with C, as he was sunny side up.  My back hurt for a few weeks.  I don't remember exactly when it stopped.  PLUS, I had inside bruising from the epidural (the guy was a douche and stuck me multiple times because he "couldn't get it right" and then I could still feel everything on the right front and left back!!!)  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes and I felt like my tailbone had been steamrolled for WEEKS.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Declan came out sunny side up and I didn't have any backache out of the normal realigning that happens.  Sorry yours hurts, hopefully you get relief soon!
  • Yes!  weeks and weeks and weeks.  I have had back issues to begin with though.
  • imageDobie_Mama:
    Yes.  I actually had spasms in my back for maybe two weeks.

Same here.

• I don't remember. I can only remember the blinding pain of really fast back labor.

Plus I can't separate out what later pain was from the c/s and what was from the back labor.

• No.  I had back labor with both babies (with DD1 because she was posterior, and with DD2 just because my body apparently likes to labor in my back).  No pain afterwards.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • I practically lived at my chiropractor's office before and after the delivery. Took about 5 months to really settle out.
  • Definitely go to the chiro. Always helps me!
    I did have back labor but I ended up with a C/S so I dont know what pain after labor was from the actual labor/pushing or the C/S.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards