Minnesota Babies

Chiropractor Recommendations Needed

My pg with the girls was really tough and painful on my body - and since their birth, I feel like I'm just not put back together correctly.  I have a ton of back, neck and hip pain, and I'm thinking I may want to check out a Chiropractor.  Does anyone have someone to recommend in the Twin Cities area?  My insurance covers Chiropractic care, and there are a ton of doctors on the site, but it's hard to choose someone who's going to be good.  Any recommendations?  I live in the Mounds View/New Brighton area, but I'd be willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the metro for someone who is good.
bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: Chiropractor Recommendations Needed

• I've never been to a chiropractor, however, my kids used to go to the same daycare as Dr Fred Clary. He's a chiro in Roseville and other parents loved him. Also, our lawn guy swears by Dr Brad Kuehl of Corrective Care in Blaine.

At the very least, it's two names you can check out. Good luck!

Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • imageFannieRae:

I've never been to a chiropractor, however, my kids used to go to the same daycare as Dr Fred Clary. He's a chiro in Roseville and other parents loved him. Also, our lawn guy swears by Dr Brad Kuehl of Corrective Care in Blaine.

At the very least, it's two names you can check out. Good luck!

Thanks!  Unfortunately neither of them are covered under my insurance, which I'd like to be able to use Sad

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Loading the player...
  • Lousy backs run in my family and 3 generations of us have gone to Hugo Chiropractic.  We see Dr. Bill Barrett.  I had something similar after having DD (I actually had a c-section because my OB was concerned that labor and delivery would throw my back out) and it wasn't the alignment- it was the surrounding muscles.  I've had this issue before and if that's the case, a chiropractor doesn't help.  You may want to see your normal physician and ask about physical therapy.  A PT will be able to get your muscles back to where they should be as well as give you stretches and exorcises that will allow you to do it yourself in the future.  Good luck!
    When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - Harry, "When Harry Met Sally" Planning Bio
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dr. Jessica at Lake Pointe Chiropractic and Wellness. Its in SLP so a bit of a hike, but she is amazing!

dd #1 5/2010 dd #2 5/2012 dd #3 due 11/2013

• I saw Leah Lombardo @ Jackson Chiropractic on Rice Street only two times after my baby and it made a HUGE difference. Also, she has twins of her own that are a few years old so she gets it! 651.483.4321. She was covered under my insurance. At the time she worked Tues-Thurs 9-6 and Saturday 9-12 if that helps.
  • I love my chiro - Dr. Leann Warner. Her office is in NE Minneapolis on Johnson St, so it wouldn't be too far for you. I have been seeing her for over a year, including prenatal and postnatal specific treatments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dr. Guze in Maple Grove is fantastic. I was referred to him by several others and now my entire family sees him! Even if your insurance doesn't cover him, he does a discounted first visit and does xrays to see whats going on, after that it is only $45/visit or he has an unlimited plan for around $90/month.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have used Bass Lake chiropractics for all four of my pregnancies and in between as well. I havent been there for almost a year but it was all women who worked there and they were SO nice and always willing to take me in when I was in pain.

Crystal Town Center

5640 W. Broadway Ave.

Crystal, MN 55428
  • This woman is a chiro AND a doula and works on PG women a lot, she came with high rec's from our friends, and she even adjusted their son when he was born:

https://www.channingmckinley.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Lynlake Chiropractic is amazing! 

https://www.lynlakechiropractic.com/

You start with massage, get adjusted by some great doctors and finish with muscle stim. You get the full treatment here!

• I second the rec for Lake Pointe Chiropractic.  I've seen Dr. Rebecca and Dr. Chad who are husband/wife.  The clinic specializes in Prenatal and Pediatric care as well. 

I've also been to LynLake Chiropractic mentioned in the previous post.  My treatment there was also great, however the only negative is the lack of privacy.  They do have one private adjustment room, but everytime I went in I was in the large open room with about 10 others.  Its a big sports clinic, they specialize treating athletes. I switched to Lake Pointe when I became pregnant. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"