June 2011 Moms

2+ moms, do you plan on using a travel system or mostly wearing baby?

I'm leaning towards wearing baby and pushing DS1 in his stoller until baby is big enough to sit an a stroller seat himself, then we'll switch to a sit and stand and baby sits in the stroller seat and DS1 sits or stands in the back since he'll be 2 1/2 when DS2 comes along.

What's your plan?

Re: 2+ moms, do you plan on using a travel system or mostly wearing baby?

• That is what I plan on doing. I really want the city mini double, but just can't justify the price right now since I have no idea if DS#1 will still be willing to ride in the stroller. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS had never liked strollers. So my travel system was a waste. It didn't fit hardly anywhere and took up ALOT of room in the car. I am planning on just getting a nice light weight stroller for DD and just using DS old infant seat for the car and shopping. I was thinking about the sit and stand but for us it's not worth it. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD2 will be 2.5 when #3 arrives (She turned 2 in January) so we'rekicking DD1 out of the sit-n-stand and putting DD2 on the sit/stand board and using the carseat attachment for the infant seat.

I don't like "wearing" babies in public. I have a K'tan carrier that I use occasionally around the house, but not anywhere else.

I'm more worried about my 5 y/o. She hates to walk long distances and I see it being a huge issue when we're at the mall. Guess we'll see how it goes...

• I plan on wearing him if I have to go somewhere that needs a stroller and pushing DD in the stroller. I have a City Mini and I just can't justify spending more money on another stroller right now. I'll probably end up with a sit and stand when DS gets a little older so they can both sit. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have the BJ City Select and it has the adapter for the peg perego seat.  I will probably wear the baby when we are out for a long time though, because there is no doubt that at some point two of the kids are going to one to sit at the same time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I REALLY want the Britex B ready stroller, that way if dd out grows sitting in it I just just make it a single.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS will be 2y3m when this baby arrives.

I bought a Mei Tei yesterday. I do plan on wearing the baby a lot. I'll see how that goes before investing in a double stroller. Maybe once the baby's big enough to sit in an umbrella stroller than a compact double umbrella may be a good option.

• We bought a double stroller than can accommodate the infant seat. We got it on clearance so if we don't end up using it that much I won't feel badly. My only issue with wearing #2 is that I don't want to disturb them if they're already asleep. I plan to wear them in some instances but not instead of a stroller. I'm also thinking I'd like a double stroller for the park and camping, like a baby jogger but we'll probably wait on that one.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • My 4 1/2yr old hasn't used a stroller in a long time so, I guess I won't be much help at all.  :)

I do plan to wear this baby A LOT as I have to walk my daughter to/from school every day (it's too close to drive) and will use the strollers we had for Emily when needed.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I'm planning on doing both. I know there will be times I'll want the stroller but I think there will also be times it'll easier to wrangle up a 3 yr old if I'm wearing the baby.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we bought a double stroller and I still have a carrier and a moby from last time. Jacob HATED to be carried, so im covering both ends JIC James hates it as well.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It is super rare that we ever use the stroller any more. I used the Sleepy Wrap all the time with DS1 so I'm going to wear DS2 mostly. I may end up getting a sit n stand a little later if it becomes an issue, but right now I'm not planning on buying one anytime soon.
    imageimageimage
  • imagecalgal1683:
    That is what I plan on doing. I really want the city mini double, but just can't justify the price right now since I have no idea if DS#1 will still be willing to ride in the stroller. 

We're in the same boat!  DD is at the stage where she's getting rammy in the stroller and just wants to walk everywhere.  We were thinking we would get the citi mini, but I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to work out.  I think we'll just wait and see what works.  My only concern with wearing the baby most of the time is that it'll be summer and we'll get HOT, especially since we're outside a lot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, my kids are spaced FAR apart! LOL (13 yr old & 6 yr old) so I will have a travel system. I had the stroller from my son, and hardly used it, so it is BRAND new. We replaced the infant car seat (the old one expired)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm leaning towards wearing the baby for the first few months too.  I spend a lot of time in the city and the travel system is just too bulky for stores with narrow aisles, the Metro train, some busy sidewalks, etc.  Also, I used a Graco travel system with my SnugRide car seat last time and it was so freakin' cumbersome - not to mention that it took up most of the trunk space in my car!

ETA: And, as for my soon-to-be 4 year old, I will be pushing him in the Maclaren lightweight stroller on the few occasions that he doesn't want to walk (very rare - he's a walker at this age).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"