Success after IF

My Sweet Girl Has Autism

13»

Re: My Sweet Girl Has Autism

• sorry you got the diagnosis you didnt want. Fwiw i used to teach SPED and there are many forms of autism. The sooner you get her help the better it will be for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ((hugs)) Thinking of you and your family. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You are an amazing mommy!  The unknown is always the hardest part.  Take it day by day.  Big hugs!!!

Beth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((HUGS))... That is hard news to hear. I know you had suspected autism, but confirmation is difficutl I'm sure. Thinking of you and your family.
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Big hugs to you and your family. I am sorry for the diagnosis, but glad that you have gotten help for her early. Thinking of you all.
    Unexplained. IVF#2 worked! Beta at 10dp6dt = 154, Beta at 13dp6dt = 603 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking of you and your sweet girl. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hugs to you guys. I'm sorry the fears were confirmed, but at least now you'll have the support you need to find your new normal.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Even if you were expecting it, that label is still hard to hear. I'm sending tons of T&Ps to you and your family. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Oh honey....((HUGS))

I don't know how I've missed other posts about this but I'm sorry I don't know more about what's been going on. I'm thinking about you and your sweet girl.

• I'm so sorry you're having to face these uncertainties, but like so many before me have said, you're an amazing mom with an amazing little girl. I'm sure getting her help from such an early age will smooth the road going forward. She will find her place in the world, especially with you behind her. Hugs to you all today and always.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Sorry to hear the offical diagnosis! You will be in my thoughts! Huge hugs to you and that beautiful girl Isabel!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i have been away from the board for a while so i did not know you were suspecting this -- just wanted to send some great big hugs!
    formerly adreamisawishyourheartmakes Dx: PCOS; Miscarriage in December, 2008 DD#1: Follistim + IUI Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Surprise BFP!
  • HUGS! i am so sorrry.. you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.. please keep us posted on the future testing
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ((hugs)) So sorry, sweetie. I know you've thought this for a while, but I'm sure it's heartbreaking to be confirmed. She is so loved and that will never change. It will just be a different journey than you might have imagined. Either way, I'm sure you and F can handle it!
  • I am sorry.  My SIL and BIL have a 2 year old autistic son who's made huge strides since starting therapy.  Prayers for the road ahead.
  • epphdepphd member
    (((hugs)))  Early diagnosis and intervention are such a great thing - hopefully your beautiful girl will thrive with the right help.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • You are a great mommy, and she is a great little girl. I pray you'll have the right support team around you to help you navigate moving forward.
  • I am so sorry that you got this news. I know with all the advances that they are making with autism your little girl will grow up and be an outstanding and beautiful woman!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I wanted to add this (I know I posted earlier):

My older brother is autistic.  He's 26 now.  He has never had a girlfriend, but he does know what one is.  He has many friends.  He lives on his own.  He has a job and pays his own bills.  While, when you meet him, it is clear that he is autistic, he knows how to hold a simple conversation and enjoys being around people.  My step mother (his mother) got him in therapy when he was very young, had several para-educators who would help him at school and do after school activities with him (playing sports outside, going to museums, studying, etc).  He's really an amazing person.  

Just know that this doesn't make her any less HER.  She's so lucky to have you as her mother...to have the support she'll undoubtedly have.  I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but glad it's someone like you, who will do right by her.  Does that make sense?

**hugs**

ETA:  When my brother was a kid, you would have never thought he'd go as far as he's come.  Just trust that, with a support system like you'll give DD, the sky is the limit.

• Sending lots of good thoughts to your family.  I'm sure it won't be easy, but your little girl is luck to have parents who will fight for the best for her.
  • Hugs...sending lots of thoughts your way. I'm sorry you and your family are dealing with the unknown...I know its scary. Please know you have our support.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"