High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

It really sucks when you have to prick yourself twice!

Annnd that's what happened to me tonight.  Apparently one side of my pinky did not give enough blood so I had to do it again!  Ugh.  At least my number was low.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It really sucks when you have to prick yourself twice!

• Options
    I know what you mean- I had to prick my fingers 3 times this morning for one test!!! My thumbs have always worked pretty well, but today the left one is sore from all the pricks. :( Hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, I HATE that. It happened to me after dinner, too. I also hate when the blood sample is too small and my meter reads "error" because that means yet another prick :(
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagememali26:
    Ugh, I HATE that. It happened to me after dinner, too. I also hate when the blood sample is too small and my meter reads "error" because that means yet another prick :(

Yeah, that's what happened to me.  I squeezed as much blood as I could but I guess it wasn't enough.  *sigh*  Tomorrow's another day....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree! That happens to me almost every day. There have been times when I have had to prick every finger multiple times before I got anything. So frustrating!

I have found that washing my hands in hot water before I prick helps to get the blood flowing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm very new to this, but I had to prick FIVE times tonight before I got anything.  First two strips were errors.  Holding my hand down for 20 seconds finally got enough blood to come out.  Ugh.
  • Options
    I know what you mean. Now that it has been a week or so, my fingers are starting to get a little stronger from all the pricking, not a good thing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Options
    I had this happen repeatedly this morning too. Today is only my second day so I'm still getting used to it and am upset. This did NOT help.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"