June 2011 Moms

FILs comment about new nephew...really??

MHs brother's wife had their baby yesterday!  YAYYY!!  So excited for them.  Can't wait to go see the little guy this weekend. 

But, I don't want to see FIL.  All he says is "Every first born (their last name) is a boy."  "You and your brother will have boys first." First thing he says to MH after their baby is born...."Well, at least ________ got his boy."

Sooooo, if it would have been a girl, that wouldn't have been good enough??  You have something against girls.  Not "at least it's healthy" or "at least everyone is doing well..."

So how much pressure does that put on us for DH to "get" his boy??  If we have a girl, is that a problem?  Are you not going to love your grand-daughter as much?

Done complaining...feel better...thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FILs comment about new nephew...really??

• Ugh, that sucks.  My MIL and I had a falling out a couple months ago when she made several comments about how girls clothes are so much cuter and she much prefers shopping for baby girls.  You would think she would be so thrilled to get her first grandchild that the sex wouldn't matter....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • it really annoys me when ppl say things like that.  Does it REALLY matter if the baby is a boy or girl?  i mean does the sex really mean ANYTHING?? its a child, a human being, part of your family regardless of gender.  UGH>>>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yikes. Someone is still living in the dark ages.

I bet you anything though that if you do have a girl, she'll have him wrapped around her finger.

• Well that's just down-right obnoxious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For the life of me, I will never understand this whole macho thing about not being a man if your first child isn't a boy. There are much worse things to be born with other than a vagina.
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • MY FIL has been full of nice comments during my pregnancy also- "Wow what have you been eating?!"..."Are you going to lose that 300 lbs after the baby?" (while i was eating a sundae at the ice cream place in town...I responded with "Well, No. I've heard big is beautiful." Ugh...I haven't even gained that much weight!")...and my favorite "Is LO going to be as cute as Jillian?" (Which is his great-niece that he is obsessed with. Luckily my DH snapped at him for that one..as I could barely speak. Who says things like that??? I told my DH that yeah, we're planning on having a really ugly baby and he will just never see her if he is going to continually compare our daughter to this other child that they think is a child prodigy or something...which she isn't. She is right on track with her development just as other 5 year olds. ugh..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"