Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

More than one diaper bag?

I had a hard time finding a diaper bag I really loved when we were making our registry.

I ended up adding a skip hop duo in black and figured it would be nice for my husband to use as well. It's a messenger type bag. 

Yesterday I bought a Vera Bradley bag that is much more girly and something I figure I'll use more.

My husband who is a stickler about money which is a good thing at times. But now he wants to return the Skip Hop Duo bag. Because he says we only need one. 

So my question is how many diaper bags do you have? do you ever use more than one?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: More than one diaper bag?

• Options

Well I don't have an outside baby yet so can't comment on how they will be used.  However, I bought the skip hop studio bag because I loved it.  It looks like a women's purse though and DH wasn't a fan of carrying that so we registered for a black bag from BRU that looked more like a messenger bag.  He will use that.  I also have a really large diaper bag (got a fantastic deal on it) that would be great for bigger outings like to the zoo, beach, park etc.  We won't use that one as much.  

So we have 3 if that makes you feel better. 

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    My mom in law bought us two diaper bags that I love but we're thinking of buying one more simply because there is one that I absolutely loved when we went to the store.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have one for long day trips and one for shorter trips just to the store.
  • Options
    Return both and get the Skip Hop Dash Deluxe!  You really only need one.  It's a pain trying to transfer everything between bags, especially when you want to make a quick run to the store.  Also, I'm sure the Vera Bradley one doesn't have the stroller straps like the Skip Hop bags do.  Those stoller straps make all the difference! I hated the Duo b/c you can't stuff it full of stuff.  you are very restrictive with the zipper on the top.  With the Dash Deluxe, it has the flap that goes over, with the magnets, so you can over stuff it and it's never a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have 2. haven't used them yet. One vera bradley for me, that DH would never use. then a black skip hop for DH. both were gifts. I think we need the 2. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Um, I probably have 10 diaper bags.  Granted, I have (almost) 3 kids and my oldest is 4, so I've been collecting for a while, but to me a diaper bag is like a purse...it's something I always have with me, and different situations call for different bags.  I also don't "get" the whole mentality of getting a bag your DH will want to carry, I mean my husband has needed to carry our bag *maybe* 5% of the time EVER.  I am a SAHM, so that makes a difference vs. if you work and share childcare dropoff duties I suppose, but in our case, I'm with our kids 95% of the time, and the other 5% he doesn't even usually need to leave the house (ie. I'm out with friends after the kids are in bed or getting a pedicure during naptime).  Anyway, I'm not saying it's not a good idea to have something for those times DH will need to carry it, but I would not ever base the bag *I* want for the majority of the time on what he's willing to be seen with.  If you want the cute, girly VB bag, I'd totally go for it and hang on to the black one for other situations...I guarantee you will want to be able to hang the bag from the stroller, or be somewhere where you want the bag to not get dirty, etc that the basic black will come in handy. 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    We have 2 (one for me and one for DH) so far and registered for one. The reasoning behind this is all of the mommies I know say you should always have at least 2. Most  I know have 3 or 4 if not more.
  • Options
    I have 3, but only because I keep ruining them. We are looking into a bigger diaper bad now since baby number 2 is on their way and the bag we have now is not big enough for hold stuff needed for 2 little ones and my things. 
  • Options
    I'm a bag snob and no way would I let DH use(and probably lose) my fancy diaper bag so he uses an Under Armour backpack and it works out great for everyone. 
  • Options
    We registered for two at the suggestion of several friends. one smaller back pack style for quick trips and a larger tote style for longer day and weekend trips. both in plain black styles so that either me or DH could grab them. my mom had two sets of most things and did the same thing with my brother (who's 11 now, thank goodness i was around for all that practice!) and it seemed to work pretty well. i'd say hold off on returning it.
  • Options

We have four for our own use, and grandparents have their own.

I have my bad, DH has his own (black). Then we each have a spare diaper bag in the cars, fully stocked. You never know if there will be a diarrhea emergency or something and you run out of your regular supplies when you are out and about, that is why we have the extra in each car. Plus, we travel A LOT so we don't want to be caught without the items we need/like.

One of my friends is always missing something she should have. Runs out of diapers, clothes get puked on/wet, runs out of dry cloths, bibs, etc. I just don't want that to happen to us.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We have two, and use them both on a regular basis.

I carry my Skip Hop Studio daily, but I use our Columbia backpack diaper bag for when DS goes to the nursery at the YMCA (3-4 times a week). I don't want to leave my Skip Hop with them, since I use it as my purse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have two because I bought a diaper bag that I liked, Skip Hop Studio in black, and we received a Jeep diaper bag at our shower. DH definitely likes the Jeep one better so I am going to make that one *his* diaper bag even though it is a pretty large diaper bag and would be better for travel than everyday use.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Options

We have 3 (well actually 4):

The first one is our "main" diaper bag.  This is the one we used exclusively until my DD was about 17 months for all trips to the doctor, mall, etc...DH never had a problem carrying it and honestly, he rarely took DD anywear without me, so he only used it when we were both taking DD out.

I recently bought another bag to use more as a "toddler" quick trip bag now that DD is 17 months old.  It's much smaller and easy to take to the grocery store or for errands.

We also have a 3rd that we received at our shower, it's a black messenger style bag and we've never even removed the tags from it.  I guess I should sell it!

And, we have a 4th bag that we use for daycare...this was a cheap canvas tote that we put DD's snacks and water in to take to daycare each day. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have 3...different sizes, colors, styles, etc. since i carry it all the time, i don't feel bad having a few. and i get sick of using the same one all the time. i don't carry a handbag if i'm out with ds and have the diaper bag, just throw my stuff in the diaper bag, don't see a need to carry two things.
  • Options
    I have a Skip Hop Dash, which is perfect for just daily running around.  I also have a larger bag that I'll use for weekends or times when I just need to pack more stuff.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a PPB and DH has the Diaper Dude.  We have never used the diaper dude.  We already have the PPB loaded with stuff and when you are trying to get out of the house with a baby, taking everything out and loading a new bag is just not going to happen IMO.  I guess you could have the 2nd bag ready to go but we cloth diaper/use cloth wipes and I don't want a handful of diapers/wipes just sitting in a bag not in rotation.  When LO gets older and DH is taking him somewhere by himself (which hasn't happened yet), I think we'll get more use out of a 2nd bag. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"