July 2011 Moms

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• imagegmc222:
    I work from home a lot, just like today. I have so much work to do, but instead I'm watching Maury. Embarrassed

For some reason... I FREAKING LOVE MAURY!

• imageMFAinNYC:
    imagebananatiff:
    imageMFAinNYC:

I feel like an idiot for this, but I made the mistake of looking at pre-pregnancy summer bikini pics.  On one hand, I feel overwhelmed by my changed body and on the other hand I can't believe how hard I used to be on myself.  I love my bump, but my new-found extra thighs are definitely overwhelming!

I probably shouldn't be eating twice the slow-churned ice cream, huh?  :D 

Shhhhhh!!  NO!  You should most definitely enjoy.  I was trying to be good for so long until a mommy friend of mine reminded me that you are only pregnant for such a short period of time in your life, that you have to enjoy it while you can.  :)  Summer babies = can get outside to walk/exercise

That's a good point!  Plus, baby needs calcium, right?? 

Yes!  AND baby senses when mommy is happy - so everyone wins!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJay_Cee:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    I'm WFH today and I still haven't brushed my teeth . . . but I'm getting up to do it right now.

I didn't brush my teeth until a half hour ago. And I'm in an earlier time zone than you. :)

I say you are still fine!

If it makes either of you feel better, I STILL haven't brushed my teeth. Yeah... I disgust myself. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaesf:

i hate chocolate.

::banishes aesf from the board::

(and steals all her chocolate easter candy)

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I'm |this| close to kicking my dog. She will not stop whining. I'm pretty sure that she's depressed by the weather, because she's got free range of the house, food, water and toys. She just won't stop whining. AUGH! It's like she doesn't know how to handle when I WFH.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    I'm |this| close to kicking my dog. She will not stop whining. I'm pretty sure that she's depressed by the weather, because she's got free range of the house, food, water and toys. She just won't stop whining. AUGH! It's like she doesn't know how to handle when I WFH.

I didn't know you have a dog!  (Learning something new today)  What kind?

• imagebananatiff:
    imageMFAinNYC:
    imagebananatiff:
    imageMFAinNYC:

I feel like an idiot for this, but I made the mistake of looking at pre-pregnancy summer bikini pics.  On one hand, I feel overwhelmed by my changed body and on the other hand I can't believe how hard I used to be on myself.  I love my bump, but my new-found extra thighs are definitely overwhelming!

I probably shouldn't be eating twice the slow-churned ice cream, huh?  :D 

Shhhhhh!!  NO!  You should most definitely enjoy.  I was trying to be good for so long until a mommy friend of mine reminded me that you are only pregnant for such a short period of time in your life, that you have to enjoy it while you can.  :)  Summer babies = can get outside to walk/exercise

That's a good point!  Plus, baby needs calcium, right?? 

Yes!  AND baby senses when mommy is happy - so everyone wins!

And I am pretty sure he has his very own "It's Chocolate Chip Mint!" dance. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    I'm |this| close to kicking my dog. She will not stop whining. I'm pretty sure that she's depressed by the weather, because she's got free range of the house, food, water and toys. She just won't stop whining. AUGH! It's like she doesn't know how to handle when I WFH.

She probably wants your undivided attention. DH and I played with our dog (throwing a tennis ball) for 3 hours straight and she STILL kept bringing it back to us. She is not like that when it's just me... she's just so excited that DH is home that she can't settle down.

• imagebananatiff:

Hehe, yeah our furbabies definitely found themselves in new diminished roles when DS came around. We have a 6 year old black lab, Allie, and 2 cats, 6 year old Callie and 4 year old Lucy.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

imageStormy101:
    My FFFC: I think 99% of all maternity photography is terribly cheesy and/or creepy. I don't need to see your husband making out with your stomach, or the hands in the shape of a heart over your belly (gag), or some random crap finger-painted on your stomach. It just all seems ridiculous to me and black & white earns you no "artsy" points. 

ITA.

Yay! I'm not the only one! I can't imagine spending a few hundred dollars on mat photos. To me, they are like engagement pictures...but taken when you're fat.

I have no issue with at home bump pics....but actually PAYING someone to document how in love you are with your baby daddy because he forgot to wear a condom one night? Who is going to want to see those?

BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c

• i hate my one sil. she woke us up at 9 to tell us we've been recruited to clean the soup kitchen for my inlaws (it's their darn job, they get paid to do it, and i already put my full time hours in this week) to say thank you for all they've done. they've done nothing for me, crazy sil drove them nuts with "omg i'm in labor but not really" for 2 months while her hubby (my hubby's brother) was deployed! sorry you feel guilty and that i answered my phone and got us roped into this on our night off!!! grr....lmfao

and i hate that i can't capitalize anything when i bump from my phone!!! 

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    imagebananatiff:

Hehe, yeah our furbabies definitely found themselves in new diminished roles when DS came around. We have a 6 year old black lab, Allie, and 2 cats, 6 year old Callie and 4 year old Lucy.

How interesting!  Speaking of Lucy - I decided I'm not 100% set on our girl name now, and just feel like a need another option for after we see the baby.  I have added Lucille to our very short list.

Doesn't help our cat's name is Eve and DH was calling the baby "Bev" (like Beaver, Bennett + Evelyn)  ughhh

• I've got two:

1) I really, really like the show Merlin. I have more in common with 12 year boys than previously thought.

2) We've had our cat for more than a year now and we still haven't named her. We call her "kitty", or "cat", or "lard-ass". I fear that this baby may meet the same fate.

BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

You should probably just give her away. That's awful needy. 

::sarcasm::

• imagedamabo80:

I've got two:

1) I really, really like the show Merlin. I have more in common with 12 year boys than previously thought.

2) We've had our cat for more than a year now and we still haven't named her. We call her "kitty", or "cat", or "lard-ass". I fear that this baby may meet the same fate.

Cats don't really need names though, since they never listen anyway.  Although I shouldn't say that, I keep calling mine "fatty-cow" and she actually tends to respond.  

• imageShannonMacHappy:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

I know right? A lab needing attention? Surprise

• imagedamabo80:

Yay! I'm not the only one! I can't imagine spending a few hundred dollars on mat photos. To me, they are like engagement pictures...but taken when you're fat.

I have no issue with at home bump pics....but actually PAYING someone to document how in love you are with your baby daddy because he forgot to wear a condom one night? Who is going to want to see those?

Yikes.

• I have a long to-do list today... but I didn't sleep well last night.  Is a nap so wrong?
  • imageStormy101:
    My FFFC: I think 99% of all maternity photography is terribly cheesy and/or creepy. I don't need to see your husband making out with your stomach, or the hands in the shape of a heart over your belly (gag), or some random crap finger-painted on your stomach. It just all seems ridiculous to me and black & white earns you no "artsy" points. 

Yes Kuddos to you if you end up with the elusive 1%, but I bet you won't. 

DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • imageShannonMacHappy:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

I still get upset thinking about that woman's (NOT Mrs. L.M., if you're not often on this baord) post.  It makes me go hug my dog. 

DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • imageohashlet:
    imagedamabo80:

Yikes.

Not everyone who has maternity pictures taken has an unplanned pregnancy.

Some women feel most beautiful during pregnancy. Why shouldn't they want to document that? Whether they want to pay someone to take those pictures or not has nothing to do with the circumstances that led to their pregnancy.

People chose to spend their money on different things. ::shrug::

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHelloAnnie!:
    imageShannonMacHappy:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

I still get upset thinking about that woman's (NOT Mrs. L.M., if you're not often on this baord) post.  It makes me go hug my dog. 

Me too, big difference between my FFFC, as I did not kick my dog nor am I even entertaining the thought of giving her away because she is behaving like her breed. Just expressing a low moment of intolerance due to lack of patience. :)

• imageJay_Cee:
    imageohashlet:
    imagedamabo80:

Yikes.

Not everyone who has maternity pictures taken has an unplanned pregnancy.

Some women feel most beautiful during pregnancy. Why shouldn't they want to document that? Whether they want to pay someone to take those pictures or not has nothing to do with the circumstances that led to their pregnancy.

People chose to spend their money on different things. ::shrug::

Yes

• New confession. I'm having maternity photos made next weekend and I'm really excited about it. I won't have any bare belly shots or be wrapped up in some type of sheet or anything like that. A friend of mine is a photographer and wants experience with maternity photos, so she's doing it as a gift.

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    imageHelloAnnie!:
    imageShannonMacHappy:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

Me too, big difference between my FFFC, as I did not kick my dog nor am I even entertaining the thought of giving her away because she is behaving like her breed. Just expressing a low moment of intolerance due to lack of patience. :)

Agreed; BIG difference.  :)

Edited to clarify.

DD Born July 2011
  • I cant stand the posts on my local craigs list from mothers who need baby stuff. basically begging and hoping they will get the items for free because they are in  need and single, which i would understand if it were simple items but they are asking for angel care monitors, bumbo seats, expensive strollers, and other expensive items that are not as important!! Also they know the sex of there babies, which where i live you have to find out privetly so they had $100 to shell out on that but not a crib??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBethD76:

What happened yesterday was completely uncalled for. Duhdaisy you did nothing to deserve that.  

I had a stressful day at work on tuesday and went straight to gigi's cupcakes and picked up a few. When I got home DH had also picked up beer. He says you got yours and I got mine. I could share mine with him though. 

I don't get what"s so cool about 3D tvs. Why would you want to have to wear glasses to watch tv everyday. Everytime I have tried one out at the store I get an instant hedache.

Im pretty sure pregnant people arent supposed to watch the 3d movies at home!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    imageHelloAnnie!:
    imageShannonMacHappy:

imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

Ours were about going crazy yesterday -- they could hardly get outside all day because of storms/tornadoes. They're making up for it today, I am sure!

• imagedamabo80:

I've got two:

I think Lard-ass is a fine name for a cat. Mine is named Bridget, but she's either called Boo boo, or shnee nee, which makes no sense.

I too fear of a name-less child. I also have an irrational fear of picking the wrong name and regetting it for the rest of my life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageJennV514:
    imagedamabo80:

I've got two:

I think Lard-ass is a fine name for a cat. Mine is named Bridget, but she's either called Boo boo, or shnee nee, which makes no sense.

I too fear of a name-less child. I also have an irrational fear of picking the wrong name and regetting it for the rest of my life.

I starting crying last night because me and DH cant come even close to agreeing on a name, i started sobbing that he'll never have a name! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedamabo80:

I've got two:

This! We call her Kitty, Fat-o, Fats, Fatty, and Fat@ss. She knows she's loved.

• Really when i asked i was told no chance at all! to find out what the sex would be, i would have to find out on my own! Im kinda upset i could have found out without having to get unnessisary ultrasound =/

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"