Attachment Parenting
Options

Garden?

I just planted some tomatoes, squash, and peppers inside today. Soooo I have gardening on the brain.... do you have plans for a garden this year?

How are you involving your kids?My dd is 18 months and I just planned to get her some kiddo garden tools and talk about it while we do it, maybe get a book..... 

I try to involve learning as much as possible, but also let her lead the way! 

Any other ideas would be great! 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.

Re: Garden?

• Options

Yes!  I am starting a veggie garden this year and planning on doing some more with our perennials.

I can't wait to have DD dig in the dirt right next to me and help me plant.  I think she will love it...especially the dirt part.

• Options

I plan on letting him have his own "plot" to do with what he likes. For Small Hands has some great tools that are kid sized:

https://www.forsmallhands.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75&zenid=b859110304d729c63ea4f17dd2a3358d

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got some tomatos and pepper started inside. I can't wait until we can get started outside in a couple of weeks! I found a small watering can from target today. Since DS loves pouring/anything related to water, I thought he would love it! My mom also got him a "broom" aka a small rake. He loves dragging it all over the yard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yea, we have a plot at the community garden. It is walking distence from our home so we walk there all the time to take care of out veggies. We start everything from seeds and have already yielded easter egg radishes this year! Tomatoes, lettuce, brussle sprouts, carrots, bell-pepper, and cilantro are all coming along nicely. I usally wear Raz on my back or lay him on a blanket while we work on it so he can see or play with the sticks on the ground and interact with nature. 

We start the seeds on the porch. We always have something seeding it seems. We also have cucumber, eggplant, vines, and flowers in the bed in frount of our home to take care of. Also some pepper plants, spinch, and herbs on the porch as well. He watces me water these daily

I can't wait tell he is older and can interact with the garden more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options

ATM i'm at our house in Europe.  We have a garden and mini orchard in the back yard.  We have our strawberries going strong and onions planted 2 weeks ago.  I know were planting tomatoes, wax beans, cucumbers, potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, spices and a few red peppers.  

We have apple, cherry, pear, plum and apricot trees in the orchard.

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Options

We have a handful of raised beds and I'm really excited for the garden this year! Right now there are peas, lettuces, mustard greens, arugula, broccoli and brussel sprouts. I have tomato plants started inside, but all of our pepper seeds were old and didn't germinate. I have lots more to direct sow as it warms up.

I also bought the little watering can from Target and DS loves it. He's so cute watering the plants. DH is adding another large raised bed and hopefully we can make DS a small box of his own too.

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have a small garden.  Basically just big enough for a handful of tomato plants, zuchini, cucumber, and pumpkins.  The kids help with weeding and watering (they love to empty their kiddie pool into the garden). 

• Options
    imageEmmieB:

I plan on letting him have his own "plot" to do with what he likes. For Small Hands has some great tools that are kid sized:

https://www.forsmallhands.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75&zenid=b859110304d729c63ea4f17dd2a3358d

Thanks for this great link

awesome gardening fun!! 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"