Cloth Diapering

oh snap!

2»

Re: oh snap!

• I don't see anything wrong with what she did and I'm going to order a diaper.  I think I'll check her out on Etsy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageyankeebaby2:
    I don't see anything wrong with what she did and I'm going to order a diaper.  I think I'll check her out on Etsy

I don't think the original FB comment was wrong, per se, though I do agree it was a bit unprofessional.  Coming on here and calling us childish, though?  I'm going to take my pp and go play elsewhere :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wow, this thread was definitely a turnoff

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• imagebethandjoe09:

imageyankeebaby2:
    I don't see anything wrong with what she did and I'm going to order a diaper.  I think I'll check her out on Etsy

I don't think the original FB comment was wrong, per se, though I do agree it was a bit unprofessional.  Coming on here and calling us childish, though?  I'm going to take my pp and go play elsewhere :P

This! 

Wow, I posted this because I thought it was ballsy and hilarious to call out GM's like that.  Yes, it was unprofessional as well, and my first thought was that she'd probably lose possible customers with the post since so many GM fans, especially the ones here on TB, do try many other types of dipes.  But, she may have also gotten additional customers based on how many people think GMs are ridic. 

But, coming here with the statements and arguments she made...that was a poor choice.  Probalby would have gotten way more fans and traffic to her shop if she just ignored it....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • I agree her posting here probably lost her customers.  I'm not turned off by it because I honestly felt like she was just trying to defend herself.  She would have been better off if she ignored it but since I have a hard time keeping my trap shut when I should, I'm giving her a pass.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageyankeebaby2:

I agree her posting here probably lost her customers.  I'm not turned off by it because I honestly felt like she was just trying to defend herself.  She would have been better off if she ignored it but since I have a hard time keeping my trap shut when I should, I'm giving her a pass.

I might've let it go, too, since they are in Austin, and I love to support local businesses, but the 'childish' comment pushed me over the edge.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• NannaNanna member
    When pixy wished for CD-related drama rain, it apparently pours. 
    imageimageimage
  • imageNanna:
    When pixy wished for CD-related drama rain, it apparently pours. 

I know.  I think next time I'll just keep my big mouth shut.  :oD

• imagecdep1:
    imageyodasmistress:
    imageEndeavorsIndomesticArt:

She is my friend, her diapers are awesome and I don't think she was bashing GM- just commenting on the absurdity of the craze.

IMO, GM is taking advantae of the cloth diaper craze, but if people are willing to pay the hefty prices I don't blame GM.

My company is *much* better at what we do than 95%+ of our competition.  But I would never trash talk them to our Clients.  It's just bad form.  

Are you hiring. I need to get out of the public school game.  

HA! That makes two of us... any particular use for teachers? Wink

Beginning Adoption Process July 2010 sarahssarcasm.blogspot.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBrit710:
    imageMegaP:

IMO, you should of just left it alone and never came here.  After this thread was created, I am sure there were a few people interested in your diapers and now that you keep going back and forth, they lost all interest. At least this is how I feel, I can't really speak for the others.  

Nope, you have spoken for me as well.  I'm turned off by immaturity, especially from a business owner.  

Yes 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I didn't see any one-size diapers on her Etsy. Is the price comparison between sized diapers and one-size? Because if so, the sized diapers are going to be cheaper most of the time. Yes, goodmamas are on the higher price range for one-size diapers, but there are other one-size diapers that are around $30. It's not like most of the goodmama diapers are $30 more than all the other one-size diapers. Is there hype? You bet! Are some of the diapers really expensive? Yes. But you can also buy plenty of them at $35 each, and that's not crazy over-prized for a one-size diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"