May 2011 Moms
Options

Does your hospital do anything special for mom after delivery?

I know some hospitals have a special meal for moms after delivery.  Neither one of the hospitals I delivered my girls at did anything special.  This time every mom gets a free 15-minute massage after delivery!! I can't wait!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Does your hospital do anything special for mom after delivery?

• Options
    Hands u a crying baby lol...u get a parents steak dinner
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJessicaG56:

Hahaha! I mean besides that! I actually had never heard of hospitals doing ANYTHING at all until I was looking at info about the hospital I'm delivering at. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope but a steak dinner would be awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeghanchrisaz:

imageJessicaG56:

Hahaha! I mean besides that! I actually had never heard of hospitals doing ANYTHING at all until I was looking at info about the hospital I'm delivering at. 

I delivered my first at a large hospital and didn't get crap there ;(
  • Options
    Nope neither hospital for my older DS's did anything.
  • Options
    I think at my hospital they do the steak dinner
  • Options
    tlxh7tlxh7 member
    I don't think mine does anything.  When my sister had her kids, the hospital gave mom and dad a nice meal while they watched baby.  I wish our hospital did that!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We get a special meal, we can choose steak. I did last time and it was divine! My hospital has a great chef and the cafeteria is awesome, no bad hospital food for me! 
  • Options
    At the hospital where I had DD, after your nights that you stay in the hospital anyway they have a special hotel-like area where you stay for a night before you go home. It's really nice, kind of like a transition between the hospital and real life. THIS hospital, I don't think they do anything but I'm not sure. We go for our tour on Saturday so we will see.
    A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a "spa" on the maternity floor but I think you have to pay. However, we get surf and turf plus the nurse that was giving the tour said we can BYOB (too bad I'll be breasfeeding)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we got a birthday cake on our 3rd day there...
    "Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We get a baby.

Oh, and they have a one hour bonding period right after LO is born. You can request visitors, but I am going to 'forget' too.

• Options
    My hospital does a fancy fake candle candle lit dinner.  They also have a massage therapist that makes rounds during the week.
  • Options
    We get a lobster or steak dinner the last night at the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Steak & lobster dinner + champagne if we want it!

Massages, too.

• Options
    imagepook:

Steak & lobster dinner + champagne if we want it!

Massages, too.

Are you delivering at Woman's?  You can tell I haven't done the tour if that's the case! 

• Options
    On our hospital tour, we were told that mom and dad get a steak and shrimp dinner served by someone in a bow tie the night after delivery ;)  I can't wait to see that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A special celebration dinner for mom and dad (you can pick when), a massage for mom, and there are jacuzzis available for mom if you didn't get a c/s.

Plus a baby and pain meds.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"