Parenting after a Loss
Options

XP: from PgAL Re: Crib bumpers, did you use?

Or no because baby could suffocate?
BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: from PgAL Re: Crib bumpers, did you use?

• Options
    Harper was in her bassinette until 6 months. so I had the bumper in then.  I then took it out when we put in her actually IN the crib.. HTH:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had bumpers in her crib from day one. She didn't sleep in her crib until well after she was 6 months and could move her head/roll away from them, but we've had them in since I got them in the mail and they were washed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageracer88:
    We had bumpers in her crib from day one. She didn't sleep in her crib until well after she was 6 months and could move her head/roll away from them, but we've had them in since I got them in the mail and they were washed.
    This I wasn't planning on using it but DD is such a rough sleeper that I left it in her crib for padding.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    breathable bumpers only

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    I do, but I wish I never did. She has been putting her face in them, but if I take them out she bumps her head HARD. Tonight we're trying to raising the bumpers, so there is some breathable room at the bottom, but the top is still covered. 
  • Options
    I did use one.  But mostly it just made the room look cute because my son was never a fan of actually sleeping in his crib :)
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Options
    No
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options
    We use them.  But my kid is smashed between two 10# rice bags (on doctors' orders), so he'd have to traverse those to get to the bumpers.
  • Options
    Not yet, but I'm buying a breathable bumper this weekend.  (See my post above!)
  • Options
    Yes, but just to make the crib look cute. DS was swaddled until he was almost 10 months old, and he didn't roll swaddled. Once he weaned himself off the swaddle and went just to a sleepsack, I changed the bumpers to the breathable ones since he's all over the place. But I guess that he's actually mobile enough now that even if he did smush up against a regular bumper, he would be able to just roll himself away.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No bumpers for any of the kids.
  • Options
    We have breathable ones.  You'd be surprised how much they can move around, and I've caught A close to the rails before when she was placed in the middle.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options
    Only for decoration when DS is not in his crib.  Which is always b/c he prefers a king size bed. :)
  • Options
    Kept the bumper in the crib for the cute factor while LO slept in a bassinet.  We just transitioned him into the crib at 3 months, so I took the bumper out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Yes.  There was one in DD's crib until about 4 days ago, actually.  I know what the recommendation is, and I did make an attempt to NOT have one in the crib.  I told my mom I didn't want one in the crib, and she had an absolute meltdown about it.  (Similar meltdowns were had with swaddling, strollers, rear-facing car seats, etc.  Luckily, I've won all of those.)  

My parents came to the house after I was admitted to the hospital, and stayed at our house.  So, when we came home, the bumper was in the crib and tied.  I could have taken it out, but DD was swaddled until 4 months old when she started breaking out of it.  Even broke out of the swaddle, though, she didn't roll in her crib (that we are aware of) until late last week.  We woke up on Sunday morning and she was on her tummy and holding her head up, with her head facing the opposite end from where she was put in the crib.  The very day the crib was lowered and the bumper taken out and put in a trash bag (for storage, not to be put in the trash). 

We didn't opt for a breathable bumper.  She's cold-turkey bumper-less.   

• Options

We bought individual bedding pieces (just sheets and a skirt) so we never had the bumpers. Around 6 months he got his arm stuck in the slats so we bought a breathable bumper and are still using that.

After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"