May 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Gift WWYD

One of my friends got us a jumperoo and another bought us the 3 in 1 exersaucer thing (which also has a small playmat). Yet another friend got us the deluxe playmat.

I kind of feel like we are on baby toy overload...

Both the jumperoo and exersaucer are $120 and the playmat is $80. The deluxe playmat looks way more fun & has more stuff to play with than the one that came with the exersaucer.

Anyway....I'm debating returning one or two of the items (exersaucer or jumperoo and possibly playmat). We have gift receipts for all of them and that's $120-200 to spend on something else.

However, we don't really need anything else. Our registries are pretty much done and we have two more showers. Also, the jumperoo and playmat gift givers will probably come over often for visits BUT the exersaucer can be used longer than either of them since it converts to a toddler table.

Would you return? I'm afraid if I do my friends might not see the jumperoo or mat when they come over and ask about them!

Re: Baby Shower Gift WWYD

• Options

Do you have family that lives near by (that aren't the gift givers?)

If so, I would just tell my friends (if they ask or come by and notice the item's absence) that it is at Grandma's house for when she baby sits LO.

I would return which ever you don't think you will use. Put the money away for baby's savings fund.

I have 5 gym mats. 2 are hand-me-downs that I would have to sell in a yardsale or craigslist (and probably are worth less than nothing) 2 are brand new and I actually want to use for LO and a possible future DS. The 5th is just a tummy time mat that I could use on a separate floor of my house.

imageimage
  • Options

I'm with you, I've actively tried to get the least amount of "stuff" (especially "large" items like that that take up so much room).  Mostly because 1) there's no guarantee that the baby will like it and then it just becomes stuff (ok, I'm rather a minimalist, obvs).

I'd return it, keeping one.  If the baby doesn't like it, then you'll have store credit to buy an alternate, but let's hope that Georgia does like the one that you keep.  That way you can keep your sanity and not be constantly putting things away... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep the playmat, you will use it much sooner than the other 2 and return either  the exersaucer or the jumperoo. A playmat can be used right away, whereas the other 2 you won't be able to use for months.  We used the playmat for tummy time and babies spend a lot of time on their backs so if it has toys that hang down and lights it is fun for them. I did like having a jumperoo for when she was older. It was great to put her in it for 15 mins while I got dinner ready. My dd liked the jumperoo better than an exersaucer, but every baby is different.
  • Options

C'mon, pook, surely none of your Southern Belle friends would be rude enough to ask about a gift they gave you ::sips tea with pinkie raised::

I would return any and everything that I didn't want.  The playmat is usable sooner but will not last as long as the saucer.  DS has the FP Intellitainer and still plays with it regularly at almost 3 y.o.  The jumparoo isn't usable until at least 4 months, more likely 6ish and doesn't last very long.  A colorful blanket is just as good as a playmat for tummy time.  All are nice to have, but none are necessary.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're going to need diapers and other misc things so the return and associated credit wouldn't go to waste.
  • Options

imageprisschris:
    You're going to need diapers and other misc things so the return and associated credit wouldn't go to waste.

This exactly.  I hear the price of diapers is going up and there are always going to be more costs for the Georgia in a little while.  Wipes/Diaper pail bags/toys/clothes/etc.  Don't feel bad if you ave top tell your friends the truth.  If any of them have children than they can surely understand the dilemma you are in.

• Options
    I hear you! I would keep them and see which one(s) work for your baby - you never know which one will keep her/him occupied. But keep boxes, etc...
  • Options
    image00tedsgirl:

C'mon, pook, surely none of your Southern Belle friends would be rude enough to ask about a gift they gave you ::sips tea with pinkie raised::

LOL!! True.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"