2nd Trimester

No bump?

I still feel as if I have no bump! I mean I can have "a bump" if I stick it out obnoxiously, otherwise it literally is all jelly and jiggle! I look chubby and as if I have gained ten pounds! What are the chances that I will never pop? I have watched this one show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and many of those girls always say that they never had any bumps, just flab and just looked like they were chubby and had gained some weight. This isn't a vent but I am just wondering what are the chances that this will be me??

Re: No bump?

• Oh yeah and I will be 18 weeks tomorrow!
  • This post made me laugh becuase this morning I was thinking and actually had a conversation with a co worker about my odds of this being me... Im half way and still have no bump really. Its bigger at the end of the day because of food im guessing but I feel upset because I keep thinking about that show and if that will be me. Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah mine gets bigger after gas and food! LOL my husband tries to make me feel better but he agrees that I barely have a bump.
  • Everyone is different but I would consider myself pretty average build and I'm right there with ya....just some extra jiggle going on.  With my last pregnancy there was no mistaking I was pregnant so unless you are very much overweight I'd say your chances of not looking pregnant are slim!!  Just wait another 5 weeks or so, you'll wonder what the heck happened to your body!!  The bump is coming...no worries!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It will come...trust me. I didn't have too much until week 20-21. Now, I've got a 'there's no denying she's pregnant' full-blown bump.
  • Everyone is different. I didn't have any kind of bump until 22 weeks with my DD.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Yeah I forgot to mention that I'm of pretty average, petite build. Before I got pregnant I was at about 155 maybe even less but since then I look like I got extra padding on me. Ive gained about 20 pounds so far!
  • I had nothing until about 20 weeks, then BOOM! I swear I grow half an inch a day now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • First of all, I think the women who say they didn't know are either insanely dense or probably a little larger than normal because I don't know how you could get full term and not feel that little bugger inside of you moving around. That being said, I didn't pop until about a week and half ago or so.  Until that point, I, like you, just looked liked I had put on a little weight - not pregnant.  Now that I've popped, I keep looking bigger and bigger every day, literally! lol But the likelihood that you never pop is pretty slim I think unless you were fairly sizable to begin with.
  • I've got no bump either! But I know it will come... eventually Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagehepcats:
    First of all, I think the women who say they didn't know are either insanely dense or probably a little larger than normal because I don't know how you could get full term and not feel that little bugger inside of you moving around. That being said, I didn't pop until about a week and half ago or so.  Until that point, I, like you, just looked liked I had put on a little weight - not pregnant.  Now that I've popped, I keep looking bigger and bigger every day, literally! lol But the likelihood that you never pop is pretty slim I think unless you were fairly sizable to begin with.

I agree, I haven't watched that show very often, but I have never seen a little skinny minnie on there declaring they never really had a bump? Don't worry, this is my second pregnancy and I am juuuust starting to barely get a little bump. Still looks a lot more like too many doughnuts, but somewhere around 20-25 weeks seems to be the magical number when that obvious pregnant belly comes. Until then, just stick that bloat out girl ;) that's what I do around the house

DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• I know your feeling - I started out at 125 lbs and now I'm up to 129...but no bump..just tight pants.
  • I had no bump until 20 weeks. Enjoy sleeping on your belly, fitting in tight spaces and wearing cute clothes while you can. BC you'll wake up one day and have a belly. Promise!

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• Ive definitely seen a few skinny minnies on there. I mean it has to happen. NOT EVERYONE who gets prego shows! I think its probably pretty rare!
  • imageETABOADA:
    Ive definitely seen a few skinny minnies on there. I mean it has to happen. NOT EVERYONE who gets prego shows! I think its probably pretty rare!

I've seen that show a lot and in most cases am pretty skeptical, BUT there was one girl who was very thin (like probably no more than 110 lbs and avg height) and they actually showed a picture of her that was supposedly taken less than 2 months before she gave birth so over 7 months...she was wearing a bikini and did not look pregnant at all.  I still wonder if the pic was really from much earlier or before she was pregnant, but who knows... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"