Babies: 0 - 3 Months

sleep training book recommendation?

Has anyone read a sleep training book that they would recommend to a first time mom. We have started a night time routine and he knows night and day. I need him to start sleeping longer at night and good advice on how to transition him to his crib. During the day, he wakes up and plays and is very interactive where at night he eats and falls right back to sleep within 30 minutes. In the end I know he is a very good baby and we are lucky!

The problem is that we do this about every 2 hours and the past 2 nights he shortened the timeframe to an hour nighttime naps and snacked on an ounce each time. DH came home from his night shift to a crying wife and sent me to bed while he watched the baby for a few hours before he went to bed. I know it is normal still at this age to wake up a few times a night, but want to make sure we do everything to encourage positive sleep behavior early!

I am so jealous of the posts where people talk about their LOs successful STTN. And then I am still thankful it isn't worst case scenario when i read the posts of the poor moms that have babies crying for hours at night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: sleep training book recommendation?

• See my two siggy links on sleep help.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • The Sleep Easy Solution - excellent book.  But don't start until 4 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've read a bunch of books and then I pick and choose which advice I think will work best for me.  I don't follow one specific program, but it really seems to be working for us.

I've read Happiest Baby on the Block, Babywise, Healthy Sleep Habits - Happy Child and Baby Whisperer. 

Basically we follow the Eat, Play, Sleep routine.  We have a clearly defined daytime and nighttime pattern.  And we're waiting until after 3 mths to start a set schedule, right now we follow a loose routine, but will gradually adjust to a schedule sometime after 3 mths.  All of those books have great guidelines that have helped and they each have some advice that I've ignored as well.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"