Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Is 3-6 months where baby "equipment" takes over your living room?

I have been looking (ie: shopping) for DD's next phase of development toys... and I am super excited once she gets head control at 4 months because that opens up a new slew of things for her.  But after looking at the size of some of these things (the exersaucer, jumparoo's, etc... this is going to overwhelm our living room area.)  Where do you keep all of this crap (I mean stuff)?  Does anyone else feel like the size of this stuff is slightly on the enormous side? I wish they made it more compact... I bought a fold up swing that I love for that reason. It also travels well in the car.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is 3-6 months where baby "equipment" takes over your living room?

• DS has a jumperoo in the living room and his high chair that just sits on a normal chair, and that's it, other than his small toys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, between the play mat, jumperoo, exersaucer and swing, our living room just has enough room left over for the dog's bed.  I think we're close to getting the swing out of here as it gets the least amount of use.  The play mat also folds up and can be tucked behind the couch, but I don't bother because it gets so much use.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Slowly but surely. It's gotten worse. DD has a walker, exersaucer/jumper, swing countless toys that get thrown about since DD thinks its AWESOME to throw toys while swinging. I would like to say I have a pretty little organized bin that I keep all her toys in but no. Plus, I'll be adding a baby jail to the mix pretty soon. 

THIS ISN'T THE BUMP, THIS IS SPARTA!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For us, this is true.

I have tried to designate different rooms for different toys, so we don't trip over everything. 

She has a play mat, a jumperoo, another stationary play thing, a swing, a rocker, etc. (plus all of her toys.) Insanity!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've got gear spread all over the house to avoid the living room as baby land thing. Swing (on the way out) is in the study, gym in the nursery, jumper downstairs, etc.
  • We have a huge swing, a jumperoo, a play station, play mat and a bouncer for DD. Most of it is in the guest bedroom since it's closest to the living room. The jumperoo is in the living room and the swing is in the dining area. We have a tiny, tiny house so it is completely taken over by baby stuff. H gets annoyed by it all the time.
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Jap09Jap09 member

Oh my gosh I hear you. There is the swing next to the giant basket of toys ...stack bumbo and boppy on top of that next to activity gym next to rock n play next to pack n play and then in kitchen you will find highchair and bright starts "around we go" ...on and on, and thats if you can get over multiple baby/dog gates.

Of course there is some part of me that loves it. Like- I am that person with baby stuff all over my house :) and how cool is that. = happy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely. But later they get smaller (books, handheld toys). :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageBailey81:
    We've got gear spread all over the house to avoid the living room as baby land thing. Swing (on the way out) is in the study, gym in the nursery, jumper downstairs, etc.

this

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yup, we have the jumperoo, one of his playmats, and a playpen in out living room

And this weekend we're taking out our glass coffee table and nice rug to replace it with the gummy mat so DS can practice his crawling... goodbye nice grown up living room!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Yes. Welcome to BRU chuffed in my living room.

We've got all the twins' crap in our main floor living room. Our main floor is all open concept so that's where everyone gathers anyway. The basement is unfinished right now b/c we just built the house last summer. H is going to fix up the basement this spring so it's a liveable space and we can reclaim our living room somewhat.

Part and parcel of having kids -- we've accepted that the house is going to be full of ugly toys for quite sometime.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes. 

I reorganize the layout of my living room to accommodate the toys..

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yep, C's baby stuff takes up space. Luckily we have a fairly decent sized living room. His high chair is in the kitchen/dining room. The exersaucer is next to our TV. We took the playmat down because when I put him on the floor to play, he's on his tummy within .02 seconds, so he doesn't play on the playmat anymore. Instead he plays on blankets or the floor with his toys. 

We do not have a jumperoo yet. I am not sure if I'm going to get one because I don't even want to think about how much "milkshake" I'm going to have to clean up when he gets going in one of those. He already does enough of that when I let him bounce on my lap. Or even when he's just playing on the floor. 

• imageAnanke:
    DS has a jumperoo in the living room and his high chair that just sits on a normal chair, and that's it, other than his small toys.

Same. Except he has an activity mat that folds up and gets hidden in a corner. Instead of a bouncy seat, we use his FP Space Saver high chair. We keep his small toys in a storage ottoman.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"