Follow-up visit to OB-kind of long — The Bump
TTC After a Loss

Follow-up visit to OB-kind of long

I lost my son a little more than a week ago. I was 16 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I have my follow-up visit with my OB on monday.  I orginally went to the ER because I was leaking fluid and thought I should get checked as a precautionary measure. As it turns out the fluid I was leaking was amnioutic fluid and I was already dialated 3 cm. I however did not have a contraction, I don't think... The OB that I saw when they wheeled me to the labor and delivery wing of the hospital told me I had an incompotent cervix.  I have been reading on-line about the condition and options for treatment but now I am not sure that what I have been reading is actually what caused me to lose my son.  My question is, how do I know if what he said is really true?  Is it possible that my cervix dilated which then cause the pre-term labor? 

Anyone have the same thing happen to them? What questions should I ask the doctor about it? 

I want to make sure that I do everything in my power to avoid losing another baby (although  I know it isn't all in my control) and so I want to be completely prepared when I see the doctor on monday.

Re: Follow-up visit to OB-kind of long

• I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not 100% sure if there are any women on here that were diagnosed with IC. But I do know that there is at least one on PGAL right now and at least one on PAL. If you want, i'd direct your questions there. I wish I could help you out more.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• So sorry for your loss. I lost my twins at 19 weeks due to an IC. They think my cervix opened early and I got an infection which caused my water to leak and a few days later I went into labor and had to deliver. My dr told me next time we will do a cerclage and also p17 injections to prevent preterm labor.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. {{HUGS}} I do not have any information for you, sorry again.

Chart
    Surprise BFP 12.17.10; No heartbeat 01.28.11; D&C 02.03.11
    TTCAL began 03.03.11; Break 4.25.11; TTCAL continues 6.9.11;
    PAL/PgAL Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards