Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Guess who has her first ear infection?

My 4 1/2 year old. I was beginning to thing we were one of those magical families that would escape ear infections altogether. Ha! Nope. So, we filled her first prescription ever with nasty tasting medication that apparently does not taste like bubblegum like the doctor said it would. The good thing is that she has no fever and only the complaint of a sore ear - thank goodness! I guess I'll still count us as fortunate.Smile Maybe these kinds of things just come with the territory of being a preschooler!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view

Re: Guess who has her first ear infection?

• Options

My DS was nearly 3 before he had his one and only (so far). And I had no idea that is what it was until we ended up in the ER in the middle of the night with a high fever and they checked his ears. He wasn't exhibiting "normal" symptoms. 

We are definitely lucky! I think some families do just escape some of that. I only had one ear infection ever, and so far, aside from this one, neither kid has had one. And I don't think DH had many either. His brother, however, had tubes. So it's just odd how it works! I feel very fortunate.

Hope she feels better soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageschnappycat:

My DS was nearly 3 before he had his one and only (so far). And I had no idea that is what it was until we ended up in the ER in the middle of the night with a high fever and they checked his ears. He wasn't exhibiting "normal" symptoms. 

We are definitely lucky! I think some families do just escape some of that. I only had one ear infection ever, and so far, aside from this one, neither kid has had one. And I don't think DH had many either. His brother, however, had tubes. So it's just odd how it works! I feel very fortunate.

Hope she feels better soon! 

That is definitely fortunate. :) I always figured we missed a lot of the early ear infections that seem so common due to breastfeeding. Maybe it's genes, though? I don't think I ever had ear infections, either. Thanks for the good vibes. She's feeling fine... she whines about her ear every once in a while, but seems for the most part distracted.

Last night she said, "I wan to go to the doctor!" and I figured that was a good sign that she was truly hurting. I can't imagine if she was younger and unable to voice that she was in pain. I can see how these things can easily turn into a nasty infection with fever and such.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is definitely fortunate. :) I always figured we missed a lot of the early ear infections that seem so common due to breastfeeding. Maybe it's genes, though? I don't think I ever had ear infections, either. Thanks for the good vibes. She's feeling fine... she whines about her ear every once in a while, but seems for the most part distracted.

Well, I didn't BF after a couple of weeks, so that's not the case for us. It must be genes! I'll say that and hope it holds true. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"