3rd Trimester
Options

WWYD?

my first OB appt is for Wednesday (i've just seen my regular doctor until now)  our best man's dad just died, the funeral is arranged for the same time.

i called the OB office, if I cancel this appointment they won't have another appointment available until mid-may (I'd be roughly 34 weeks by then)  This OB's office is right in the town we live in.  The OB we had with Lila is in a neighboring city.   We thought it would be more convenient to have this one closer to home.

My options at this point are:

1.  Skip funeral.   Andy would want to skip it as well, I might be able to talk him into attending the funeral instead but he won't feel comfortable with it.   he doesn't normally go to appointments, but the first OB one is something he feels strongly about.  Go to Wake and gathering after funeral.   i don't want him to do both in the same day, he was really, really close to the deceased.

2.   Call OB that delivered Lila, see if they have any spots available, change plan completely and deliver at same hospital Lila was born in.   very nice, big, modern, but about 20 minutes away meaning all appointments are further from him, including follow ups etc.   

3.  take appointment in mid-May, see family dr two more times in the meantime.

Re: WWYD?

• Options

I say go with option two. Sounds like the best of them all to me and you wouldn't have to wait until 34 weeks to see the OB.

Sorry you are in this position, seems like when we are dealing with a lot that's when more crap comes our way. I had three family members get into car accidents last week within a one week period. One was DH and his truck was totaled.

TOTALLY not the same as someone dying but, just commiserating I guess.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would go to the doc appointment and then go to the gathering after the funeral and the wake. You son;'t say how far along you are but i think that OB appointements are important since your family doc may not be looking at/for the same things. That way you son;t have to change all your birth plans but can still be there for your friend and the deceased.

Being there for your best man and paying respects will be good for your DH, if he can;t handle both then that is his call. I would definitely go to both if i were close to the deceased

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd probably go w/#1 but I think #2 is also acceptable. I wouldn't choose option #3, personally.  I say #1 b/c it was your Best Man's dad, not someone you're super-close to and whose funeral you should feel obligated to to attend. I would still try to convince your DH to to to the funeral as well, even if you don't think he'll listen; you could just catch up with him at the post-funeral gathering.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go with 1 or 3.  Assuming you're somewhere around 25 weeks, there wasn't anything my OB did between then and week 34 that a family doctor couldn't have done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageessey1234:

I would go to the doc appointment and then go to the gathering after the funeral and the wake. You son;'t say how far along you are but i think that OB appointements are important since your family doc may not be looking at/for the same things. That way you son;t have to change all your birth plans but can still be there for your friend and the deceased.

Being there for your best man and paying respects will be good for your DH, if he can;t handle both then that is his call. I would definitely go to both if i were close to the deceased

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"