3rd Trimester
Options

to answer my question from last night (and to talk about my longg day!)

I had to go meet with the labor and delivery nurse today!! what a damn day!

I had to first go to outpatient registry first, and do some family history. Well i forgot the flex spending card, so i couldnt pay. The lady was absolutely rude!!!   She kept making comments about "you dont know how hard your going to have it" "i feel bad for you, as a single mother you have no idea what your getting into" Well i finished the paperwork down there and told her i would pay the day of my induction. She handed me paper work and sent me to L&D to finish registering.

The nurse was sooo much better than that other staff member from outpatient. She even told me not to worry about paying until after the baby is born, or to send my dad to do it while i was getting settled in. (: 

Next thing i know im having to sign paperwork for me and the baby. Well i broke down and cried when i had to sign the paperwork for the baby (circ. papers and others) it kinda hit me then that i am now deemed the name mommy. UGHHHS! after that she took my blood and we were finished (this took two hours exactly! but thats because we were chatting a bit too!)

Well to add to the longggg day i had my reg. obgyn appointment at 12:45 that was changed without me knowing to 1:30!!! 

But i am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced and the baby is at a +1 station!

(: yay!

Re: to answer my question from last night (and to talk about my longg day!)

• Options
    That's when it really hit me too with DD#1 - signing for her at registration.  Boo on the crappy staff person but yay for everything else!
  • Options

I can't believe that lady would be so unprofessional! How rude! She probably has no clue herself. Being a single mother has it's challenges but it's not as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. I even kinda feel like it's easier because I just have to worry about me, my DS, & nobody else! 

If you go into labor before your C/S do they still do a C/S? 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelilmommalcw:

I can't believe that lady would be so unprofessional! How rude! She probably has no clue herself. Being a single mother has it's challenges but it's not as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. I even kinda feel like it's easier because I just have to worry about me, my DS, & nobody else! 

Im being induced... im praying that the c/s is never even brought up!

and her comments were just words that hurt. my dad thinks i should go complain to the supervisor but, i figure she was having a hard morning and i wasn't making it easy on her, so i let it go. granted it hurt im letting it go as my brothers girlfriend would say "be a man!"

• Options
    imagekatiebuug:
    imagelilmommalcw:

and her comments were just words that hurt. my dad thinks i should go complain to the supervisor but, i figure she was having a hard morning and i wasn't making it easy on her, so i let it go. granted it hurt im letting it go as my brothers girlfriend would say "be a man!"

EEEkkkkk Where did I come up with C/S!!!! lol I am so dumb today, to much sun!!! 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options
    imagelilmommalcw:
    imagekatiebuug:
    imagelilmommalcw:

EEEkkkkk Where did I come up with C/S!!!! lol I am so dumb today, to much sun!!! 

Dont feel bad ive had the worst case of pregnancy brain all day! I dont think i should have been behind the wheel it was that bad!

• Options
    imagekatiebuug:
    imagelilmommalcw:
    imagekatiebuug:
    imagelilmommalcw:

Dont feel bad ive had the worst case of pregnancy brain all day! I dont think i should have been behind the wheel it was that bad!

Haha! Well I am soooo glad I am not the only one! I would think I was crazy if I didn't know I was pregnant :) 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options

Bad day or no, this woman was being completely unprofessional. Her comments were hurtful, ignorant, and rude. I would definitely complain. You forgetting your flex spending card in no way justifies her behavior, under any circumstances. So don't make excuses for her.

As a woman who has battled depression and who has had a few pregnancy hormone related mini-meltdowns, something like that may have been enough to put me in a funk for a few days. So furthermore, her actions were irresponsible- she doesn't know you from Adam. She should know what is and isn't appropriate to say to someone (pregnant or otherwise) at her place of employment.

Anyway, *stepping down from my soapbox* I wish you a smooth induction, labor, and birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"