Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 Month Wakeful? Yeah, we got it!

L has gone from 3x2 hour naps each day to a total of 2 hours or less each day this week.  And now on top of that he went to bed at 7pm tonight, but woke up at 11pm and is showing no signs of wanting to go back to sleep. It might have started a couple weeks late, but I think we're in the middle of the 4 month wakeful.  

Does anybody know how long this normally lasts?  I think he might be starting to teeth too, so it's been a fun week. 

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 4 Month Wakeful? Yeah, we got it!

• not to sound totally dumb...but what is the 4 month wakeful?  are these little babies supposed to be more awake around 4 months???

this would totally explain DS being up several times during the night now and taking fewer/shorter naps.  ugh - i had no idea!!

• imagewifey26:

not to sound totally dumb...but what is the 4 month wakeful?  are these little babies supposed to be more awake around 4 months???

this would totally explain DS being up several times during the night now and taking fewer/shorter naps.  ugh - i had no idea!!

4 month wakeful is a time when babies hit a developmental stage where they are more alert. Hence, they wake up more at night and want to play and explore their surroundings. It can last anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. It just depends on the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"