Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Traveling with (homemade) babyfood

This is a dumb question I know, but I thought I'd ask.  I know they let you go thru security with processed baby food (homemade), but...does that mean they'll let you take those ice packs through as well?  I'm just wondering b/c those technically have some kind of gel in it right?

Also, we're planning a quick 3 day trip.  As long as I have an icepack and/or access to a fridge, I should be fine to take my cubes of food right?  I bought some organic pouches just in case, but since the trip isn't that long, I figure I could get away with using our homemade stuff if I plan in advance.

TIA!

Re: Traveling with (homemade) babyfood

• I would make fresh for that trip when you get to where youre going or try and leave it at home and use pouches. I went on a week long trip and it was more trouble than it was worth so the next time I went to see my mom I made it there and it was much easier to take my supplies (maker, spoons, bowls, storage) than it was to take it traveling and worry about keeping it chilled, spillage and so on... JMO
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You could possibly make an ice pack with a baggie and water so that the contents would be aloud on the plane. But the AP's to make it once you got there if possible is a great idea!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"