Infertility Veterans

"Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas

Have you ever heard this song? I've read that his wife had an auto-immune disorder and he wrote this song about their experience.I wonder though, since they don't have any children together, could he have written it about an IF experience they had?  Everytime I hear it, it makes me cry because it reminds me so much of what mh and I go through with IF.

If you've never heard it, I think it's worth a (sad) listen.

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
Married August 26, 2006
TTC since June 2008
Severe MFI
IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: "Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas

• Interesting.  I never would have thought of an IF connection, but I can see it.  That's the beauty of songs.  They can mean so many different things to different people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do like that song, I would have never thought of it with an IF connection, but it works.  Have you seen the video?  I often have VH1 on while I'm getting ready/eating breakfast in the mornings and saw it.  I knew the actress looked familiar but couldn't believe who it was -- Alicia Silverstone (Clueless).  Neat video though.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSunshine05:
    I do like that song, I would have never thought of it with an IF connection, but it works.  Have you seen the video?  I often have VH1 on while I'm getting ready/eating breakfast in the mornings and saw it.  I knew the actress looked familiar but couldn't believe who it was -- Alicia Silverstone (Clueless).  Neat video though.

No, I haven't seen the video. I miss the days of turning on MTV or VH1 and actually seeing videos, not some trashy show about teenagers getting knocked up in the backseat of their Daddy's Chevy.

But I'm not bitter. Stick out tongue

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just read the lyrics and I almost started crying. I'll have to show it to DH b/c I think that is how he feels about this whole thing sometimes, helpless and not knowing what to do to help.
  • ::runs off to find video on youtube::

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.