Parenting after a Loss

What did you eat/drink at your baby shower?

I am hosting a friend's baby shower with her two SILs.  We are making all the food...  And I need ideas.  I am not a crafty person.  I don't cook.  I don't bake.  I CAN do these things.  I just don't enjoy them.  Thankfully this is near my mom, so I can make her do all the dirty work.

My baby shower was at a restaurant.  The bridal shower I hosted for my bestie was at a restaurant....  And I just can't remember what is normally served.

TIA :)

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011

Re: What did you eat/drink at your baby shower?

• ETA - I have been playing phone tag with the SIL, so I don't know yet what she was thinking.  Just wanted to have some ideas to toss around when we finally talk.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • my sister did mine.... she had each of 5 people bring a crock pot of soup.  so we had soups and breads.... and veggies and dip, etc.  she has small bowls so you could have a soup and a random bread (which she cheated and got from panera) and try different soups.  it was yummy but totally cold weather.

for harper's party we did meatballs, firecracker shrimp, popcorn chicken (from walmart... shhhhh), veggies and chips and dip.  i have recipes... if you want.  the meatballs are easy and can me made in advance and crockpotted....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was not at a meal time (it was at 2p), so we provided more of snacks vs. a meal.  We had lots of fruits and veggies, chips and dip, chex mix, pretzels, cucumber sandwiches, mini pink cup cakes (I think people are more inclined to indulge on these if they're smaller than whole cupcakes- less guilt), and jelly beans.  I'm sure there was more, I just can't think of any.  We had soda and juice from cans.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• We got publix sandwhich rings and other small snacks.  Then...we had waters & punch!  I actually had a punch fountain.  For DD we had it pink...and DS it was green(I'm not a blue fan).  It was really cute.

You could do a veggie tray or cheese and cracker tray.  Fruit salad is good.  And the sandwhich rings.(if your having more food).  Then do a punch bowl with sherbert ice cream/ sprite...my favorite! : )

• Did you guys have alcohol for the non-preggers?

My girlfriends all drank at my shower.  They needed the wine to calm them down with all the baby stuff in the room and their former "wild" friend KTFU.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • They served my favorite foods, which I thought was a great surprise. Crabcakes from my fave restaurant, hoagie sandwiches, fruit, lots of chips and various dips, veggie tray, and my favorite ice cream cake. For drinks, they served bellinis, coffee, and soda. Good luck!
  • imagelkstor:

Did you guys have alcohol for the non-preggers?

My girlfriends all drank at my shower.  They needed the wine to calm them down with all the baby stuff in the room and their former "wild" friend KTFU.

we served champagne for a champagne toast only.  i was jealous of those who could drink bubbly with cake.  I PPH me some bubbly and cake.

• Ours was a couple's shower...

sandwich platters
    cheese and crackers
    spinach artichoke dip
    salmon dip
    fruit salad
    wings
    meatballs
    carrot cake
    chocolate mousse cups

We had a little of everything!  LOL

• We had mini croissant sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, veggies and dip, hummus and pita, tabbouleh, pinwheels, fruit, multiple desserts and cake.  We didn't serve alcohol.  Only water, pop, lemonade, tea and coffee.

• imagelkstor:

Did you guys have alcohol for the non-preggers?

I didn't have booze, but that's the typical for our area to not have booze at showers- bridal and baby.  I would have loved to have booze at both though, lol. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• No booze at my baby shower.  It was held at a friend's mom's coffe shop.  Everything was baby/mini sized...baby carrots and dips, cocktail weenies, mini cupcakes and no bakes, drummies, little sandwhich triangles, ect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"